Best cheap SSD for DIY External Drive?

I planning to make an external drives for our PS4 and for myself. What cheap SSD should I get?

Samsung 860 EVO and Crucial MX500 is always out of stock on my local computer stores so I need an alternative and thoses drive are seem too overkill.

I prefer those SATA 2.5 inch drives but a M.2 SSD is ok too.

budget?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Anything from a reputable maker. They all seem to use Phison controllers anyway and NAND from like 3 makers that exist. I don't think you can really go wrong, especially if it'll be plugged into USB port which will probably be the limiting factor, not the drive itself. Would still look for mention of DRAM cache as DRAM-less SSD's generally have bad reputation. A-DATA, Corsair, WD, Sandisk, you can't go wrong with these imo

Just now, Oswin said:

budget?

idk maybe at $40 to $50? I only want the model as prices are almost the same

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Anything from a reputable maker. They all seem to use Phison controllers anyway and NAND from like 3 makers that exist. I don't think you can really go wrong, especially if it'll be plugged into USB port which will probably be the limiting factor, not the drive itself. Would still look for mention of DRAM cache as DRAM-less SSD's generally have bad reputation. A-DATA, Corsair, WD, Sandisk, you can't go wrong with these imo

is WD Green or Blue 3D, Sandisk SSD Plus ok? they are the most common SATA SSD next to 860 EVO. 

5 minutes ago, 5GigaaHertz said:

is WD Green or Blue 3D, Sandisk SSD Plus ok? they are the most common SATA SSD next to 860 EVO. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Sandisk Plus is DRAMless. And WD Green might be the same.

37 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Anything from a reputable maker. They all seem to use Phison controllers anyway and NAND from like 3 makers that exist. Would still look for mention of DRAM cache as DRAM-less SSD's generally have bad reputation. A-DATA, Corsair, WD, Sandisk, you can't go wrong with these imo

You can go wrong, like with any other component.

27 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think that Sandisk Plus is DRAMless. And WD Green might be the same.

See? You said Sandisk and OP picket one of the worst SSD's from a reputable brand. Silicon Motion SM2256S(not Phison) and no DRAM.

33 minutes ago, 5GigaaHertz said:

Green is crap. WD Blue or Adata SU800

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

50 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

@Ralf

See what? It's you who didn't read what I said. Which seems to be a typical theme on all forums...

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Everything is out of stock because we see no product catalogue

I can't give you a catalogue because it will take days for them to answer that it will make this thread obsolete in a few days and they almost never update their catalouge online(like it is updated 2 months ago and their website doesn't say if it is in stock so you have to rely on thier social media accounts that they never answer) so I want ya'll to suggest me some alternatives because I'm going to find that model/SKU myself in stores.

Also I'm not buying online and Newegg or Amazon have high shipping fee when delivering it to my country

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

@Ralf

See what? It's you who didn't read what I said. Which seems to be a typical theme on all forums...

Ok. But you still said that they all seem to use Phison controllers. So I would like to ask which ones?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

35 minutes ago, Ralf said:

Ok. But you still said that they all seem to use Phison controllers. So I would like to ask which ones?

He's gonna use it for external drive. It literally doesn't matter. In fact I have doubts DRAM-less drive would make any difference either, but I just avoid them as a precaution unless they are NVMe drive in something like laptop. Those use RAM as cache and it seems to work well. But that's another story...