I have the following spec PC;

- Intel i5 10600K 

- Gigabyte 2070 Super Graphics card

- MSI Z490 Tomahawk Motherboard

- 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz

- Intel SSD Drive(s)

- 215 Mbps internet connection

- MSI 144Mhz monitor

Machine runs great until I run Call of Duty Warzone.  I should be able to run this game and max settings without issue, but I constantly get stuttering.   I have been thorugh every video I can find and adjusted Wndows/Motherboard/CPU and GPU settings galore.  I have tried with OC and without OC on both the video card and the CPU.  I have set everything is COD to off or minimum. Change the app priority to Normal and tried High. Made sure every non-essential program is stopped.

- GPU temp run no more than 60c

- GPU is running like 20%

- CPU temp maxes out 65c to 70c

- CPU runs around 70% to 80% max

I have attached an image of the stats while in game. 

I am at a loss becasue the game is almost unplayable due to the stuttering usually happiong as you go into an engagement or something along those line. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated and it is massively dissapointing thinking you have bought one of the best CPU's and everyhing is good quality but you cannto get a smooth gaming experience.  

Thanks in advance. 

2020-07-05_02-43-37.png

Open a command prompt and type ping 8.8.8.8 -t and see if any packets get dropped. Comcast and other ISPs have been dropping the ball and i've had 10% packet loss since April. Even after getting tech multiple times they simply said its from the extra load and sucks to be me. Point is that game gets stuttery with packetloss SOMETIMES. If you aren't then we can look into software stuff.

Here are the results of a few hours gameplay.  All looks fine to me.  In fact looks pretty good, no?

image.png.041b4ecba2985b014d7c0e73880d99da.png

11 hours ago, Mediatomcat said:

thinking you have bought one of the best CPU's

Not to be rude

But it's really not.

11 hours ago, Mediatomcat said:

Enable xmp / docp 

Ddu the drivers 

Set the power limit for the GPU to max.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Thanks for coming back.  No offence taken.  

- Will give the reinstall a try

- xmp already enabled. 

- Cannot find docp on the MSI motherboard.

- Have tried settig the power on the GPU to max. But difficult to determine max power. 

Just now, Mediatomcat said:

Cannot find docp on the MSI motherboard

It's the same as xmp ;)

1 minute ago, Mediatomcat said:

Have tried settig the power on the GPU to max. But difficult to determine max power. 

It's just a slider 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

I had an issue like this that took so long to fix. Ultimately, it was a messed up GFX driver causing excessive interrupts, and only in a specific game. 

As @TofuHaroto said, DDU the drivers. Open device manager, enable hidden devices from the menu, and make sure all trace of GFX cards of any kind are gone (besides Microsoft Basic). Also, if it's not too inconvenient, power off and physically remove the GFX card. Then remove all power to the system by removing the power cord, and make sure all NVRAM is wiped by removing the RTC battery from the motherboard. Then hold down the PC power/reset switch for 10s. 
Replace the battery, plug in the GFX card, then the power cord, and boot up to BIOS/UEFI to configure XMP and other settings you want. Reboot to windows and install the latest GFX drivers, but only the drivers and physx, not Geforce Experience etc.

1 minute ago, TehDwonz said:

said, DDU the drivers. Open device manager, enable hidden devices from the menu, and make sure all trace of GFX cards of any kind are gone (besides Microsoft Basic

Ddu is a software 

Called display driver uninstaller, manually doing it will cause more problems.

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Ddu is a software 

Called display driver uninstaller, manually doing it will cause more problems.

Yes, I am aware what DDU is, that's why I said to use it (first) as you suggested. ;) Not knowing the history of the system, I suggested removing any hidden GFX devices as a precaution to make sure of as fresh a start as possible without a Windows re-install.

Hi all,

Thought I would post the solution here.  After checking everything over 2 weeks.

- Every fix you can find on the net (and the ones above)

- Tested different power supply

- Tested RAM

- Put in old 1060 3GB video card
- Changed CPU cooler from water to air

- Changed every GPU and CPU bios and OS setting 

Finally - tried using a M.2 NVMe SSD instead of my Pioneer 1TB SDD - and the problem was solved.  I dont know if it is the windows install or the drive itself.  I beleive that some cheaper drivers poffload cache to the CPU as they dont have it onboard.  We will never know. 

Now with every in Call of Duty set at MAX the CPU doesnt even touch 60% - and the game is as smooth as silk.  

Thanks to the lads above for their help. :)

2 minutes ago, Mediatomcat said:

witth windows10, if you install drivers before it's fully updated, and then windows update and cover certain drivers, all kinds of weird shit can happen. I had to install win 10...twice on the first day 😆

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

I was just coming back to update the post.  i bought a samsung evo 970 plus 500gb m.2 nvme - used the samsung clone tool.  worked like a dream.  but to my dissapointment the issue was still there. this meant the issue was windows and not the drive after all.  i reinstalled windows in the neww samsung drive.  problem solved.  :)

4 hours ago, Mediatomcat said:

I was just coming back to update the post.  i bought a samsung evo 970 plus 500gb m.2 nvme - used the samsung clone tool.  worked like a dream.  but to my dissapointment the issue was still there. this meant the issue was windows and not the drive after all.  i reinstalled windows in the neww samsung drive.  problem solved.  :)

The way windows 10 works with driver is so wonky at times.

I'm surprised it was caused by the SSD, perhaps the game is just constantly asking for new data from the SSD some bottleneck happens