Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TJtravel

Tuf Gaming x570Plus good deal?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So, Newegg has a sale running on the Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) $190, free shipping (sold by Newegg)

 

I was nearly ready to jump on it, as I have been keeping an eye out for an upgrade from my current (extreme budget) A320 board, mainly because I need more than two fan headers (3 case fans, and an AIO CPU solution), I have a Ryzen 5 3400G (looking to upgrade when the new line comes out (depending on what is on offer).

 

TL;DR, is this a decent board? Reviews on Newegg are bad recently, and don't want to bother if I should pass it by. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have the non wifi tuf gaming x570. it's a great board, and decent value imo. boards are hard to get atm as well. a lot of the poor reviews are an issue with the wifi during installation, which has a work around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, bmx6454 said:

i have the non wifi tuf x570. it's a great board, and decent value imo. boards are hard to get atm as well. a lot of the poor reviews are an issue with the wifi during installation, which has a work around.

I don't plan on actually using the WiFi, it just happens to be the one on sale... If not planning on using the WiFi, would that ease the installation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJtravel said:

I don't plan on actually using the WiFi, it just happens to be the one on sale... If not planning on using the WiFi, would that ease the installation?

from what i have read, it's a pretty simple work around, just go in the bios and disable. then re-enable after win10 install if you want, and it should work fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that exact board. I actually just replaced it with an MSI Meg Unify, but that was because that was the board I originally wanted, and it finally came in stock.

 

Seemed to be a perfectly solid board for the time I was using it. No issues at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

from what i have read, it's a pretty simple work around, just go in the bios and disable. then re-enable after win10 install if you want, and it should work fine.

Well, I actually found the non-WiFi board for the same price, $189, would that be a better fit? I generally try to avoid as much faff as I can

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TJtravel said:

Well, I actually found the non-WiFi board for the same price, $189, would that be a better fit? I generally try to avoid as much faff as I can

$189 for the wifi version is about right, but $189 for non-wifi is a rip off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJtravel said:

Well, I actually found the non-WiFi board for the same price, $189, would that be a better fit? I generally try to avoid as much faff as I can

mine was 170$. i only got the non wifi because i prefer my pci wifi Bluetooth card, and didn't want an unneeded part. your call.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

$189 for the wifi version is about right, but $189 for non-wifi is a rip off.

Hmm, did you have any issues with installation on the WiFi one? I don't mind a tiny bit of fuss, but I would prefer it to just work out of the box. Or is there something else that might be a better fit in the same price range (less than $200)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJtravel said:

Hmm, did you have any issues with installation on the WiFi one? I don't mind a tiny bit of fuss, but I would prefer it to just work out of the box. Or is there something else that might be a better fit in the same price range (less than $200)

Nope. Never had issue one with the wifi. However, during the initial Windows install, I never connect to the Internet because I don't want it installing all the crapware. I always wait until I'm at the desktop to connect to WiFi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×