Tuf Gaming x570Plus good deal?

So, Newegg has a sale running on the Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) $190, free shipping (sold by Newegg)

I was nearly ready to jump on it, as I have been keeping an eye out for an upgrade from my current (extreme budget) A320 board, mainly because I need more than two fan headers (3 case fans, and an AIO CPU solution), I have a Ryzen 5 3400G (looking to upgrade when the new line comes out (depending on what is on offer).

TL;DR, is this a decent board? Reviews on Newegg are bad recently, and don't want to bother if I should pass it by. 

i have the non wifi tuf gaming x570. it's a great board, and decent value imo. boards are hard to get atm as well. a lot of the poor reviews are an issue with the wifi during installation, which has a work around.

Just now, bmx6454 said:

i have the non wifi tuf x570. it's a great board, and decent value imo. boards are hard to get atm as well. a lot of the poor reviews are an issue with the wifi during installation, which has a work around.

I don't plan on actually using the WiFi, it just happens to be the one on sale... If not planning on using the WiFi, would that ease the installation?

1 minute ago, TJtravel said:

I don't plan on actually using the WiFi, it just happens to be the one on sale... If not planning on using the WiFi, would that ease the installation?

from what i have read, it's a pretty simple work around, just go in the bios and disable. then re-enable after win10 install if you want, and it should work fine.

I have that exact board. I actually just replaced it with an MSI Meg Unify, but that was because that was the board I originally wanted, and it finally came in stock.

Seemed to be a perfectly solid board for the time I was using it. No issues at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

from what i have read, it's a pretty simple work around, just go in the bios and disable. then re-enable after win10 install if you want, and it should work fine.

Well, I actually found the non-WiFi board for the same price, $189, would that be a better fit? I generally try to avoid as much faff as I can

Just now, TJtravel said:

Well, I actually found the non-WiFi board for the same price, $189, would that be a better fit? I generally try to avoid as much faff as I can

$189 for the wifi version is about right, but $189 for non-wifi is a rip off.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

mine was 170$. i only got the non wifi because i prefer my pci wifi Bluetooth card, and didn't want an unneeded part. your call.

3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

$189 for the wifi version is about right, but $189 for non-wifi is a rip off.

Hmm, did you have any issues with installation on the WiFi one? I don't mind a tiny bit of fuss, but I would prefer it to just work out of the box. Or is there something else that might be a better fit in the same price range (less than $200)

Hmm, did you have any issues with installation on the WiFi one? I don't mind a tiny bit of fuss, but I would prefer it to just work out of the box. Or is there something else that might be a better fit in the same price range (less than $200)

Nope. Never had issue one with the wifi. However, during the initial Windows install, I never connect to the Internet because I don't want it installing all the crapware. I always wait until I'm at the desktop to connect to WiFi.