Wireless to wired internet routers?

WannaMurderMicrosoft

Hi.

I wanna use my phone as a hotspot, connect it to the router via 5Ghz WIFI and then the router must be able to provide internet via ethernet (at least 2 cables).

In other words i want to convert 5Ghz wireless internet to wired.

I know that DD-WRT firmware has this feature, unfortunately they don't support any of the routers i already have.

Can you suggest some routers that have this feature?

20 minutes ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Hi.

I wanna use my phone as a hotspot, connect it to the router via 5Ghz WIFI and then the router must be able to provide internet via ethernet (at least 2 cables).

In other words i want to convert 5Ghz wireless internet to wired.

I know that DD-WRT firmware has this feature, unfortunately they don't support any of the routers i already have.

Can you suggest some routers that have this feature?

Why not connect your computer to your hotspot, then get a switch and let the computer do it.

I used to do something like that, I think it was called bridge? 

6 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

Why not connect your computer to your hotspot, then get a switch and let the computer do it.

I used to do something like that, I think it was called bridge? 

Even if i could do that, that would mean that i would had to have my PC on all the time.

37 minutes ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Even if i could do that, that would mean that i would had to have my PC on all the time.

Ah! Maybe usb to ethernet dongle, and connect to a switch. Since your phone is technically the router. Both iPhone and Android allow USB hotspot, but not sure with router. 

51 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

Ah! Maybe usb to ethernet dongle, and connect to a switch. Since your phone is technically the router. Both iPhone and Android allow USB hotspot, but not sure with router. 

Even if that worked I doubt that my phone will be charged by the Ethernet cable.

8 minutes ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Even if that worked I doubt that my phone will be charged by the Ethernet cable.

Maybe a splitter. Something with two ports of your phone, then port to ethernet could work! 

5 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

Maybe a splitter. Something with two ports of your phone, then port to ethernet could work! 

Can you make a video on youtube how to do it?

Hey, wouldn’t it be better to just get a router where you can pop the SIM card in and use it’s WiFi? There are many 4G routers out there. Unless there are other requirements for why you are looking for ddwrt. 

8 hours ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Can you make a video on youtube how to do it?

Sorry! I am unable to do that!