I need help choosing parts for my gaming PC

I need someone to help me choose parts for my first gaming PC. My budget is $1200 and I want (new) parts with the best value for this price range, I am willing to spend up to $1400 if needed to get better parts that will make a noticeable difference. I mainly want to play Forza Horizon 4 and FPS games. I have an AOC 27 inch 1080p 144hz G Sync monitor which I got as a gift and I have to been able to take full advantage of it as I currantly have a PS4 Pro. 

Where are you from? That will determine pricing. You already have a nice monitor, but do you have mouse and keyboard or will that be in the budget?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Basically, what @Jtalk4456 says, because solid peripherals (a good mecahnical keyboard for gaming and a robust gaming mouse) will hit you for another ~$100-$170 depending upon your needs and preferences.

Generally speaking, though, at a ~$1,200 starting price, I would go for an AMD Ryzen 7 chip with a GeForce RTX 1660 Ti combination to start.  If you're willing to wait another few months before you pull the trigger, the GeForce 2000's will be dropping in price as soon as the 3000 Series is released and that might be a good moment to build around a 2080.

Basically what @Kaelon says XD
If we're talking FPS titles mainly, a good mouse is definitely necessary

I might drop the ryzen 7 to a 5 in favor of a beefier GPU, but i'm not the expert on GPU's so I might be doing overkill there

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

18 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Where are you from? That will determine pricing. You already have a nice monitor, but do you have mouse and keyboard or will that be in the budget?

I’m from South Africa and my Budget is ZAR20000 but I converted it to dollars as I assume there are more users from the USA that will reply to this. I have a Razer Black BlackWidow Chroma V2 but I do not have a mouse, but I won’t include the mouse as part of the budget.

21 minutes ago, Kaelon said:

Basically, what @Jtalk4456 says, because solid peripherals (a good mecahnical keyboard for gaming and a robust gaming mouse) will hit you for another ~$100-$170 depending upon your needs and preferences.

Generally speaking, though, at a ~$1,200 starting price, I would go for an AMD Ryzen 7 chip with a GeForce RTX 1660 Ti combination to start.  If you're willing to wait another few months before you pull the trigger, the GeForce 2000's will be dropping in price as soon as the 3000 Series is released and that might be a good moment to build around a 2080.

I might just be willing to wait because right now the graphics card prices are insane where I’m from.

1 hour ago, Sayeshan Fieri said:

I might just be willing to wait because right now the graphics card prices are insane where I’m from.

Yeah I'd wait like you said, see what the new lineup does to the prices for you. When I get off work in 30 minutes, I'll make a build on partpicker with the rest of the components

12 hours ago, Kaelon said:

1660 Ti will cost as much as an RX 5600 XT or a 2060, and those cards have better performance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse