Planetside 2 lag

Cyphuss

I just installed planetside 2 about a day ago and decided to play it. But as soon as i got in it started lagging, i would get around 40 fps in intense battles my graphics settings are set to high and my gpu usage is 50% cpu 50% and ram is 50% al the same any fix?

MSI Radeon RX Vega 64 8G OC (undervolted)

r5 1600 oc'd to 3.8 ghz

gskill ripjaw 16gb ram oc'd to 2933 mhz

b450mds3h motherboard corsair tk 750 watt

Lag typically refers to network latency issues like packet loss or jitter. Are you experiencing that (ping related stuff) or are you talking about your computer's performance?

If it's performance related, take a look at performance monitor and see if any individual threads/cores are at 100%. Overall CPU utilization doesn't tell us much as most games don't utilize a ton of threads.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

On 7/4/2020 at 2:26 PM, Vitamanic said:

Lag typically refers to network latency issues like packet loss or jitter. Are you experiencing that (ping related stuff) or are you talking about your computer's performance?

If it's performance related, take a look at performance monitor and see if any individual threads/cores are at 100%. Overall CPU utilization doesn't tell us much as most games don't utilize a ton of threads.

Im talking about lag which is what most people refer to when their games frames drop, i'm sure you know that.