Why so much backlight bleed?

SupersonicSaint
Go to solution Solved by Bobotie1,
4 minutes ago, Tom Britton said:

This seems to be a common problem with curved screens.

Basically this yeah, curved screens require different solutions for backlight, which are more flexible, but of lower quality i guess. The spreading of the light looks good so nothings broken i guess.

My HP Omen 32, a 32" 1440p 75hz flat monitor has no backlight bleed. 

I bought a Benq ex3203r, a 32" 1440p 144hz curved monitor and it has visible backlight bleed, thought only when the screens basically black, but it's a jarring comparison. 

I looked into it and it seems backlight bleeds just an acceptable norm but how does my Omen have literally no visible backlight bleed even in pitch black conditions but my way more expensive Benq exhibit bleed?

I noticed it when playing the intro to Catherine Full Body 3 days after I purchased the monitor. I was going to use this Monitor for gaming and my flat Omen for editing but am wondering if what's seen in the image is normal or not. Thanks.

IMG_20200704_195408.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tom Britton said:

This seems to be a common problem with curved screens.

Basically this yeah, curved screens require different solutions for backlight, which are more flexible, but of lower quality i guess. The spreading of the light looks good so nothings broken i guess.

19 hours ago, SupersonicSaint said:

My HP Omen 32, a 32" 1440p 75hz flat monitor has no backlight bleed. 

I bought a Benq ex3203r, a 32" 1440p 144hz curved monitor and it has visible backlight bleed, thought only when the screens basically black, but it's a jarring comparison. 

I looked into it and it seems backlight bleeds just an acceptable norm but how does my Omen have literally no visible backlight bleed even in pitch black conditions but my way more expensive Benq exhibit bleed?

I noticed it when playing the intro to Catherine Full Body 3 days after I purchased the monitor. I was going to use this Monitor for gaming and my flat Omen for editing but am wondering if what's seen in the image is normal or not. Thanks.

Yes BLB is a common problem with curved screens.

it has to do with the seal between the backlight and the LCD layers of the panel.

Small areas can sometimes be tweaked by the user, its a bit of a DIY approach but is relatively safe.

You have to tighten or loosen the screws around the edge of the screen, the idea is to squeeze or loosen the grip on the panel in an attempted to 'fix' the areas the light of getting through.

However, severe BLB is next to impossible to stop,  its best to , if its important to you, just get it replaced and try ur luck again with the panel lottery.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |