Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zeruel Zypher

Driver Question.

Posted · Original PosterOP

How do i change my Xbox one driver to and Xbox elite controller driver? I had a Bluetooth issue a bit ago but when i changed the driver to the Elite controller it fixed it but the driver reset and i cant remember how to get to that part. Mind if you lend a hand? PS~ Each time i look this up i just get left with "How to connect" my controller to the PC. That's why im asking you guys.

8 minutes ago, Zeruel Zypher said:

How do i change my Xbox one driver to and Xbox elite controller driver?

Do you know that it's even possible/officially supported?

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

Do you know that it's even possible?

Yes because i did it but it changed back due to an update.

Just now, Eighjan said:

Do you know that it's even possible?

I was asking the same thing, but I believe it is. You can go into device properties and change various drivers for various hardware components. I don't know how this would apply to the Xbox One Elite Controller, but since @Zeruel Zypher is asking, there is a link here. https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+one+elite+drivers+download&oq=xbox+one+elite+drivers+download&aqs=chrome..69i57.5879j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 
Typically Xbox One Elite Drivers install automatically upon plugging them in. I didn't give a direct link since I don't want to be responsible for someone getting a virus but there are certainly some results there as I checked. Always make sure to run files in VirusTotal or any equivalent antivirus solution and possibly in a VM if your really cautious. But with that being said, if this doesn't work, then most likely there isn't a viable driver solution out there which seems to be the case since none are explicitly listed by Microsoft. If this doesn't work you can trigger the device to install the drivers again by deleting it from device properties/manager or whatever, making sure it isn't recognizable any longer, then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, I would suggest contacting Microsoft support. I don't normally approve of using support services but, I really don't know what else one could do assuming its a driver issue. Otherwise you should look into other areas possibly... 

My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

MOBO: Asus P8Z68 LE

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 2133mhz ddr3 2x8 16GB

GPU: GTX 980 TI 150+ core, 100-150 ( I forgot )+ mem ( OC ) 

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

CASE: Phanteks P350X

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

Laptop: Gateway P-7805u FX 

CPU: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2c/2t

RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066mhz sodimm 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS

HDD: 320GB 7200rpm hard drive 2.5"

SSD: Kingston A400 250GB SSD

SCREEN: Glossy 16:9 1440x900

PERIPHERALSLogitech G Pro

8 minutes ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

I was asking the same thing, but I believe it is. You can go into device properties and change various drivers for various hardware components. I don't know how this would apply to the Xbox One Elite Controller, but since @Zeruel Zypher is asking, there is a link here. https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+one+elite+drivers+download&oq=xbox+one+elite+drivers+download&aqs=chrome..69i57.5879j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 
Typically Xbox One Elite Drivers install automatically upon plugging them in. I didn't give a direct link since I don't want to be responsible for someone getting a virus but there are certainly some results there as I checked. Always make sure to run files in VirusTotal or any equivalent antivirus solution and possibly in a VM if your really cautious. But with that being said, if this doesn't work, then most likely there isn't a viable driver solution out there which seems to be the case since none are explicitly listed by Microsoft. If this doesn't work you can trigger the device to install the drivers again by deleting it from device properties/manager or whatever, making sure it isn't recognizable any longer, then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, I would suggest contacting Microsoft support. I don't normally approve of using support services but, I really don't know what else one could do assuming its a driver issue. Otherwise you should look into other areas possibly... 

What i'm asking is HOW to change normal Xbox One controller driver to the elite driver. Thats it. Nothing to do with W7 - 8.1.

Just now, Zeruel Zypher said:

What i'm asking is HOW to change normal Xbox One controller driver to the elite driver. Thats it. Nothing to do with W7 - 8.1.

Ah, I thought you had a Xbox One Elite Controller and you were having driver issues. I gave you a link to some driver sites for it, but they might be shady, I described how to change them, but I would recommend doing this in a VM, not just for not catching viruses sake, but also because it might fuck up your controller. If all else does not prevail, contact support. Why would you even want to do that anyways? 

My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

Just now, MS-DOS Guy said:

Ah, I thought you had a Xbox One Elite Controller and you were having driver issues. I gave you a link to some driver sites for it, but they might be shady, I described how to change them, but I would recommend doing this in a VM, not just for not catching viruses sake, but also because it might fuck up your controller. If all else does not prevail, contact support. Why would you even want to do that anyways? 

Because, like i said... The normal driver makes it bug out. I changed it saying "This is an Elite Controller" and it fixed it.

Just now, Zeruel Zypher said:

Because, like i said... The normal driver makes it bug out. I changed it saying "This is an Elite Controller" and it fixed it.

Alright well I gave you the full length of my help, tell me how it goes. Where did you get the Elite Controller drivers previously? I don't understand why you can't just repeat the steps you previously made?

My Rig: