Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yungmerkz

Thanks guys I fixed the problem

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I’ve just built my computer, I turn it on and Fans come on but there is no display... On the motherboard by the EZ DEBUG LED section it shows two white lites on cpu and dram but a yellow light on VGA. I’ve been trying to connect it to my monitor via hdmi but is it that I need a VGA cable for setting it up ??

all the parts I’ve rechecked and seem to be in place 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - RX 580

Motherboard - MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX

9DCC166A-465C-42A4-BE43-C5DA83190694.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, VGA means GPU error, not VGA output. Either it's not detecting the card or you plugged the display cable to the wrong place.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Do you know the card works? are there fans spinning? Does you GPU have a LED as well? what color is it?

2. Are you sure your GPU is getting enough power? (Strong enough PSU / All cables plugged in)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

1. Do you know the card works? are there fans spinning? Does you GPU have a LED as well? what color is it?

2. Are you sure your GPU is getting enough power? (Strong enough PSU / All cables plugged in)

Yeah I'd second the lack of power to the GPU - does that card require its own power connector?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TehDwonz said:

does that card require its own power connector?

It does when im right, a 6 pin.

At least... my RX 570 uses one and my RX 480 too, soo i guessed the RX 580 needed one too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

1. Do you know the card works? are there fans spinning? Does you GPU have a LED as well? what color is it?

2. Are you sure your GPU is getting enough power? (Strong enough PSU / All cables plugged in)

so I’ve got a 500w psu, all the cables are plugged in but I have no idea if the card is working since there is no display. The card is brand new as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

No, VGA means GPU error, not VGA output. Either it's not detecting the card or you plugged the display cable to the wrong place.

I’m gonna Guess the card isn’t being connected but I have no idea why 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm going to ask the stupid question, just in case. You did plug the cable into the port on the graphics card and not the motherboard I/O panel, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Chris Pratt said:

Well, I'm going to ask the stupid question, just in case. You did plug the cable into the port on the graphics card and not the motherboard I/O panel, right?

Yes it’s plugged into the graphics card 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yungmerkz said:

so I’ve got a 500w psu, all the cables are plugged in but I have no idea if the card is working since there is no display. The card is brand new as well

The PSU is good enough (what brand tho? if its a random chinese i wouldn't trust it lol).

Since the card is new, im going to assume it works. most of the times BIOS updates do magic, might try that? (with a different card ofc)

are you sure its tight in the PCIe slot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Bobotie1 said:

It’s an EVGA psu so pretty good but you see I don’t have a different card 

1 minute ago, Bobotie1 said:
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, but is it tight in the slot? all the way? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

Nice, but is it tight in the slot? all the way? 

Yep all the way 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm, been thinking, but can't get any other conclusion than that the video card is broken (bad shipping maybe?).

Really Really check if you can get another GPU (confirmed working) for testing. doesnt need to be good, anything will do. Try boot with 1 stick of RAM (can be a culprit sometimes), or try use a CPU with an iGPU to confirm the rest of the system is working, to make sure you GPU is broken. when you are sure it's broken, RMA it, and get a working one. If the GPU is not broken...... well than im out of idea's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

hmm, been thinking, but can't get any other conclusion than that the video card is broken (bad shipping maybe?).

Really Really check if you can get another GPU (confirmed working) for testing. doesnt need to be good, anything will do. Try boot with 1 stick of RAM (can be a culprit sometimes), or try use a CPU with an iGPU to confirm the rest of the system is working, to make sure you GPU is broken. when you are sure it's broken, RMA it, and get a working one. If the GPU is not broken...... well than im out of idea's.

I’m really at a loss here since I have no other parts to test these components, I’ve tried booting with 1 stick of ram but no results 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish you would put the problem in the title, like "i've built a computer and there's no display" so that the people that see the post know what it is about

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
42 minutes ago, Bobotie1 said:

hmm, been thinking, but can't get any other conclusion than that the video card is broken (bad shipping maybe?).

Really Really check if you can get another GPU (confirmed working) for testing. doesnt need to be good, anything will do. Try boot with 1 stick of RAM (can be a culprit sometimes), or try use a CPU with an iGPU to confirm the rest of the system is working, to make sure you GPU is broken. when you are sure it's broken, RMA it, and get a working one. If the GPU is not broken...... well than im out of idea's.

Okay so The video card is fine, I was messing with the ram and after putting one ram in the first ram slot all of a sudden the video card fans are spinning so it’s Definitely working, got any other ideas now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yungmerkz said:

Okay so The video card is fine, I was messing with the ram and after putting one ram in the first ram slot all of a sudden the video card fans are spinning so it’s Definitely working, got any other ideas now?

You need to fill the slots in the required configuration. You always need to have the first slot filled.

 

x=filled, o=empty

 

x-o-o-o 

x-o-x-o

x-x-x-o

x-x-x-x

 

Those are often the only possible configurations motherboards will accept.


MacBook Pro 16

i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME - many dongles

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×