Is it true adding more NVMe SSD cards in the M.2 slot will disable SATA ports?

GamerBlake
Just now, Mateyyy said:

Because what M.2 slot disables what SATA port is not standard, every motherboard does it differently, so everyone answering would basically be doing what you could've done in the first place - check your specific motherboard's manual.

Unless they were familiar with the board and already knew the answer.

No one is forcing anyone to come answer my question but there are people who enjoy helping others and don’t mind.

If someone asked me a question I already knew the answer to I would just answer them to help out so they didn’t have to go through all the hassle of finding their mobo manual and looking through 50 pages for an answer someone else could answer in 30 seconds.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

12 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

Unless they were familiar with the board and already knew the answer.

No one is forcing anyone to come answer my question but there are people who enjoy helping others and don’t mind.

If someone asked me a question I already knew the answer to I would just answer them to help out so they didn’t have to go through all the hassle of finding their mobo manual and looking through 50 pages for an answer someone else could answer in 30 seconds.

I think you'll be pretty hard-pressed to have someone with a Z390 ACE respond to your thread in a timely manner.

And even then, how many people with a Z390 ACE (or any other board for that matter) actually know exactly which M.2 slot would disable which SATA port when occupied?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

11 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

So...you'd much rather have someone do the legwork for you?

29 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

Someone said if I put 3x NVMe SSDs in my z390 MEG ACE that it will disable some of the SATA ports..is that true?

If so, what’s the point in including them if they can’t all work at once?

If I may offer some genuine advice, it would be that the tone of your original question (and subsequent answering) is what triggers this rather unfriendly atmosphere in the thread.

Firstly, instead of posing a genuine question, you start by doubting advice given by somebody else who has actually already given the correct answer. The premise of the question is founded on disbelief rather than for example: "you tried it, and it still worked". The second part is intrinsically fine, but does demonstrate the lack of a broader perspective other than your own use case.

The latter parts of the thread where you go on to describe that reading a manual is too long, not bothering to get to the physical manual, or looking for a copy online just gives the impression of general laziness which isn't particularly inviting for a positive response.

How you use the forums is of course up to you, but remember that those answering are also human beings. And so if you ask questions that could be easily answered by reading the manual, expect that also to be part of the answer provided.