Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndreLeao

Black Screen CPU EZ Debug Led is on

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Its my first post to the forum, and its about an annoying situation with my pc.
I built my desktop about a year ago, and now its having some issues.
Basically when I turn it on it stays in a black screen and the CPU LED is on meaning a problem with the CPU however, the first time this happened I just unplugged everything even the PSU cables to every component and slowly plugged them back in and tried turning it on each time, for some reason when I had just the GPU, CPU, 1 stick of RAM and SSD it worked and I thought well its now fixed.
A few days later its back on the same issue. I've read online it could be related to the CPU requiring more power and my PSU not giving it enough without the second cable of 4 pins to power the CPU.

Anyway my build is:
- Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- GPU: MSI RTX 2060
- RAM: 16 GB (2x8) T-Force Delta DDR4 3000
- PSU: Nfortec Sagitta 750w 80 plus gold (Link to store where i got it from)
- SSD: m.2 512 GB
- HDD: 8 TB
- OS: Windows 10

I believe the fault is with the power supply because the manual of the motherboard doesn't specifically indicate that the second cpu cable doesn't need to be plugged in, in fact it shows that it should be connected.
If anyone could help me with this would be awesome. Should I just get a new power supply? And if yes, do you know about one with that 8+4 pins for the cpu connectors?

Or any other ideas are welcome too.
Thanks
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this means your cpu has failed or isnt detected


PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I know that however it has happened at least once before and suddenly it worked again, only to fail a few days later

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndreLeao said:

I know that however it has happened at least once before and suddenly it worked again, only to fail a few days later

reseat your cpu


PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

reseat your cpu

tried that many times today and unfortunately that didn't solve it, last time it failed a few days ago i did that as well and it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AndreLeao said:

I believe the fault is with the power supply because the manual of the motherboard doesn't specifically indicate that the second cpu cable doesn't need to be plugged in, in fact it shows that it should be connected.

 

48 minutes ago, AndreLeao said:

I've read online it could be related to the CPU requiring more power and my PSU not giving it enough without the second cable of 4 pins to power the CPU.

No, no.

 

You can easily only use 1 cpu power connector, the other one is fully optional. Even more, the additional power connector isnt even neccesary with the the most demanding cpus unless like a 16 core and then heavy subzero overclocking on ln2.

 

Fun fact: do that (16 core ln2 cooled oc) with this board and the vrm would pretty much melt through the board and/or burst into flames anyway so that 2nd cpu power connector is a joke and just marketing bs.

 

So, with that out of the way, dont worry about that, you even have the most effient low lower cpu so your good.

 

Cant comment on the psu, but your components are all relatively low power and shouldnt even exceed 300w.

 

Most likely a reseat of the cpu is needed, just be carefull as ryzens nave a tendency to get ripped out of the socket when removkng their cooler, potentionally damaging the socket or cpu pins.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

 

No, no.

 

You can easily only use 1 cpu power connector, the other one is fully optional. Even more, the additional power connector isnt even neccesary with the the most demanding cpus unless like a 16 core and then heavy subzero overclocking on ln2.

 

Fun fact: do that (16 core ln2 cooled oc) with this board and the vrm would pretty much melt through the board and/or burst into flames anyway so that 2nd cpu power connector is a joke and just marketing bs.

 

So, with that out of the way, dont worry about that, you even have the most effient low lower cpu so your good.

 

Cant comment on the psu, but your components are all relatively low power and shouldnt even exceed 300w.

 

Most likely a reseat of the cpu is needed, just be carefull as ryzens nave a tendency to get ripped out of the socket when removkng their cooler, potentionally damaging the socket or cpu pins.

 

 

Thanks for that info, however I already tried the reseating of the CPU without no issues, there are no bent pins on the cpu everything seems quite ok, despite this problem, here is a video of what is happening currently:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/189sviQEDg_mAw-KTWH3t7aRFlOiCUdyF/view?usp=sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndreLeao said:

Thanks for that info, however I already tried the reseating of the CPU without no issues, there are no bent pins on the cpu everything seems quite ok, despite this problem, here is a video of what is happening currently:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/189sviQEDg_mAw-KTWH3t7aRFlOiCUdyF/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, not opening links :)

 

But your issue sounds either like a dodgy connection or cable somewhere or a faulty component.

 

Id try reseating anything directly connected to cpu like ram, pcie drives (m.2) and the gpu.

Id try one by ome and see if at any point the post gives a different result and take it from there.

 

Worst case its a dodgy trace with a microfracture on the mobo that does or doesnt connect dependkng on ambient temps or something,but lets hope reseating other stuff bring something up or eventually fixes it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Update on this problem:
So I bought a new CPU tried it out on that same motherboard it didn't work it still had the same issue.
I then concluded the motherboard was faulty of course, so I got a new motherboard and everything is now working good.
I'm sending the old motherboard to warranty but it will take a while for them to come get it  and then send a new one to replace it for me.
Well anyway, thanks for all the help of those that replied to my post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×