Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blu3Jay

Crossfire in 2020 idea

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have 3 monitors, The center one being 144hz refresh rate and the only one i care about. I currently have a rx580 MSI ARMOR 8G and want to get another so i can maximize my fps in esports games and other low intensity games. at the time of posting this, the current price of a used 580 on ebay is around $100-$150 usd.

Would it be worth?

1 hour ago, Blu3Jay said:

I have 3 monitors, The center one being 144hz refresh rate and the only one i care about. I currently have a rx580 MSI ARMOR 8G and want to get another so i can maximize my fps in esports games and other low intensity games. at the time of posting this, the current price of a used 580 on ebay is around $100-$150 usd.

Would it be worth?

If you ask me not worth

CPU Ryzen 5 3600X OC 4.6                  Mobo Asus Tuf Gaming Pro B450                 DDR4 16GB 3600Mhz Corsair Dominator

Gigabyte 1070 Ti              Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240             Cooler MasterMB511 Case With 6 TT White Ring Fans

No, not worth it imo. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

If you ask me not worth

Any reason why? i cant think of any way to increase fps higher and more effeicently than this. Unless dropping 300 more dollars on a very new gpu.

1 minute ago, Blu3Jay said:

Any reason why? i cant think of any way to increase fps higher and more effeicently than this. Unless dropping 300 more dollars on a very new gpu.

most games don,t support dual GPU...and it's a hassle...and it's not worth it.

Sell you current card, and use the money toward getting a new more powerful card instead.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Crossfire/SLI is dead. You'd just be adding in a whole lot extra heat and power consumption for little to no extra performance, or sometimes even worse performance compared to the single 580.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

2 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Just sell yours for 150 and get a 5600XT/5700 or 2060.

in the end id be spending about the same amount of money for almost the exact same result anyways though

7 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

Would it be worth?

Most modern games don't really benefit from crossfiring, so a crossfire would not be worth it to me. To me, you should get a more powerful gpu than do a crossfire, powerful gpu is what games benefit from not crossfire. 

4 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Just sell yours for 150 and get a 5600XT/5700 or 2060.

Probably his best bet in his gaming. I agree with @Jeppes Just sell your 580 and get a more powerful gpu like 5700xt or rtx 2060. I'd look at used 5700xt or rtx card for more power on a lower budget

2 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

in the end id be spending about the same amount of money for almost the exact same result anyways though

it's NOT like you think it is...you wont double your performance by adding another card, so forget about it...

we're telling you: it's trash, it's not worth it, it's not what you think it is...

it would be AWESOME if it was, and we would ALL be running two cards...but it's simply NOT. That's just how it is ok :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Except it's not the same result. Crossfire will only improve your performance in games that support it. Fewer and fewer games bother to do so. There's also issues like micro-stutters.

A single faster card will improve your performance in any game.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You don't double your performance with cf 

It's not like having 2 580's gives you the performance of 2 580's 

That's not how it works , it never even did lol.

There is almost no benifits for it today.

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

6 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

No, you will be spending much more times finding good enough settings or hacks to make it work. 
I never own  a CFX/SLI setup but i had few experienced helping some customers with theirs and it was almost a nightmare for me. 

Time=money, and sometime happiness according to some ex-CFX/SLI owners. xD

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

You'd spend the same amount, but the crossfire would perform worse than the powerful gpu. Because barely any games benefit from crossfire. Most games benefit from powerful gpu, and not crossfire, so don't do a crossfire. It's not worth it. We all are telling you it's not worth it. Just get a powerful gpu instead like a 5700xt or rtx 2060. Don't do a crossfire

4 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

these are both a yes for me

hm.PNG

ohhh god.

This is extremely wrong

these are both a yes for me

hm.PNG

Okay this is from a long time ago. Games have changed and they used to benefit from crossfire, but no longer do. That photo you are showing us is just a bunch of wooha. The guys who wrote it got their heads in lalaland. Just trust us and don't do a crossfire. Get a 5700xt or 2060 instead. Trust is. A powerful gpu is a lot lot better than doing a crossfire. believe us

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ohhh god.

This is extremely wrong

^^

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

@Blu3Jay I wouldn't trust that photo you are showing us. there is even a there is even a typo in it! just don't trust that thing, and trust us. don't do a crossfire and get a 5700xt or rtx 2060 instead. trust us. not the photo. the guys who wrote the stuff in the photo got their fingers so far up their rear ends that their coming out their mouths. trust us, not the photo

1 hour ago, Blu3Jay said:

Reason is you will never get that performance that you think from 2x rx 580. Its throwing money away but its your money not my.

CPU Ryzen 5 3600X OC 4.6                  Mobo Asus Tuf Gaming Pro B450                 DDR4 16GB 3600Mhz Corsair Dominator

Gigabyte 1070 Ti              Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240             Cooler MasterMB511 Case With 6 TT White Ring Fans