Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

I tried to install the latest bios update for my computer, so that the motherboard would recognize my new Ryzen 5 2600 CPU (which I bought to fix my computers crashing problems, thinking that my old CPU was the problem). Only problem was there was no CMOS battery at the time of the update, which I learned is necessary. Now my pc is in a endless bootloop. There is no power to the USB ports, and nothing appears on the monitor. Only thing that happened is the fans start and stop every few seconds. I tried resetting the CMOS, but either it didn't fix the bootloop or I somehow didn't correctly do it. Maybe my CPU or motherboard is fried? I honestly don't know at this point. I have been troubleshooting for hours but to no avail. Please someone help me

You probably corrupted the BIOS, unless it has a USB Recovery feature its now a paperweight and will need to be returned to the manufacturer to be repaired.

What board is it?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You probably corrupted the BIOS, unless it has a USB Recovery feature its now a paperweight and will need to be returned to the manufacturer to be repaired.

What board is it?

ASRock AB350M Pro 4