X570 Aorus Master or Crosshair Hero VIII,for 3900X?

Ok so I cut down the choice on 2 boards mentioned above.

Aestetically I like Crosshair more and it doesn't have usb 2.0 ports which is great because at Master it sucks...

Who the hell would putv usb 2.0 zero in 2019.

But the Crosshair doesn't have Wi-Fi which I don't need that much but it is a plus.

I will check RaisonJohn specs sheet but that is all theory.

In your opinion which is better board,better VRM controller,better cooling,better for future upgrades if there will be any.

Also to mention my RAM is Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz 2x8GB.

Price difference is not that much.

And please don't suggest any other chipset and board,you would waste time.

Just give pros and cons of each board from personal experience.

Thx.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

But the Crosshair doesn't have Wi-Fi which I don't need that much but it is a plus

There is a WiFi version for just a few dollars more. 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

around 20 euros price difference here...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

500 euros for Wi-Fi version,that is really a loooooooooooooooooot of money for a X570 board.

8 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Hello,

That might help you :

At about 4 minutes he compares both of them :) 

3min50 Master and 5min20 Hero.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1214229-x570-aorus-masterproultraelite-difference/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1215279-x570-or-z4903700x-or-3900x-or-10700kë/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1214026-help-me-choose-mobo-and-cpu-for-next-build/

Look, I'm sorry, but this is literally the 4th post about this whole thing. You went from 3700X to 10700K to 3900X, from $400 X570 boards to $200 X570 boards and now back to $400 X570 boards, like, all of those three threads had plenty of insightful responses. Why is another thread necessary?

Just get an X570 Tomahawk or a Prime X570-Pro or a TUF X570-Plus or whatever other board has been recommended in your previous threads (obviously except B550 because "B stands for bullshit") and sell or return or whatever your RAM and get a 3600/3800MHz kit because that would be more beneficial compared to a couple more phases on your board's VRM, especially since you've mentioned multiple times that you're not even interested in overclocking anyway. End of story?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1214229-x570-aorus-masterproultraelite-difference/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1215279-x570-or-z4903700x-or-3900x-or-10700kë/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1214026-help-me-choose-mobo-and-cpu-for-next-build/

Look, I'm sorry, but this is literally the 4th post about this whole thing. You went from 3700X to 10700K to 3900X, from $400 X570 boards to $200 X570 boards and now back to $400 X570 boards, like, all of those three threads had plenty of insightful responses. Why is another thread necessary?

Just get an X570 Tomahawk or a Prime X570-Pro or a TUF X570-Plus or whatever other board has been recommended in your previous threads (obviously expect B550 because "B stands for bullshit") and sell or return or whatever your RAM and get a 3600/3800MHz kit because that would be more beneficial compared to a couple more phases on your board's VRM, especially since you've mentioned multiple times that you're not even interested in overclocking anyway. End of story?

Does ti make difference if my RAM is 3600MHz or 3800MHz,instead of 3200MHz?

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

Does ti make difference if my RAM is 3600MHz or 3800MHz,instead of 3200MHz?

Yes, because you'll be running the FCLK at a higher frequency which is quite important for performance with Ryzen.

1900MHz on the FCLK (with 3800MHz memory) is quite a stretch for most chips, while 1800MHz (with 3600MHz memory) is obtainable on the vast majority of Zen 2 chips out there.

Anything over that and you'll be losing performance, since the ratio would go from 1:1 straight to 2:1 which introduces a really detrimental latency penalty.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

7 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Yes, because you'll be running the FCLK at a higher frequency which is quite important for performance with Ryzen.

1900MHz on the FCLK (with 3800MHz memory) is quite a stretch for most chips, while 1800MHz (with 3600MHz memory) is obtainable on the vast majority of Zen 2 chips out there.

Anything over that and you'll be losing performance, since the ratio would go from 1:1 straight to 2:1 which introduces a really detrimental latency penalty.

but it is not problem to run cpu with 3200MHz modules?

I don't get this USB layout , so Master have usb 3.2 ports on the I/O which is awkward..

these 4 USB 2.0 ports suck do bad,why didn't they go with 3.0...

But then again I use printer,mouse,keyboard and I can plug them into usb 2.0 ports but having 2.0 ports on board for 400 euros is crap...

14 minutes ago, frozensun said:

No problem at all, its perfectly normal to spend $500+ on a mobo, and then save $50 on memory.

15 hours ago, frozensun said:

around 20 euros price difference here...

15 hours ago, frozensun said:

500 euros for Wi-Fi version,that is really a loooooooooooooooooot of money for a X570 board.

So, 480 isnt a lot of money for a 570 board, but 500 is? (While a separate wifi card could be approx $20 as well).

Anything above 300 wont bring you anything if not oc-ing (as if 3000 series would oc much anyway).

Im smelling that "B" from 550.

37 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

So, 480 isnt a lot of money for a 570 board, but 500 is? (While a separate wifi card could be approx $20 as well).

Anything above 300 wont bring you anything if not oc-ing (as if 3000 series would oc much anyway).

Im smelling that "B" from 550.

I see this B550 vs X570

That, however, is where most of the similarities end. Differences start to appear when we take a look into general-purpose lanes, with the B550 only laying claim to PCIe Gen 3. In comparison, the X570 offers up PCIe Gen 4 general purpose lanes, alongside PCIe Gen 4 CPU chipset uplink as well – another feature the B550 doesn’t offer. That’s pretty much it though as far numerical specifications go, there really isn’t a great deal separating these two chipsets.

So X570 supports PCIE Gen4 vs Gen 3.

What is the difference,and in real world for what do I eed Gen 4?

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

You can run them with 3200, sure. It's just that you're overspending in the wrong places imo.

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

look into general-purpose lanes, with the B550 only laying claim to PCIe Gen 3. In comparison, the X570 offers up PCIe Gen 4 general purpose lanes,

Why do you care exactly ? 

You won't notice the difference 

Heck no casual user will lmao.

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So X570 supports PCIE Gen4 vs Gen 3.

What is the difference,and in real world for what do I eed Gen 4

Nothing 

There is barely a difference.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

So my RAM is CMW16GX4M2Z3200c16

Sadly I don't see it under GB QVL list.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_matisse_191231.pdf

Does it mean it won't work with this RAM?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Does it mean it won't work with this RAM?

It will work

QVL lists are very vague and was something you would rely on with zen 1 when the imc was shit 

It has gotten better with zen 2.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

It will work

QVL lists are very vague and was something you would rely on with zen 1 when the imc was shit 

It has gotten better with zen 2.

ooh ok.thx a lot.

If I purchase one more kit that is 2x8GB at 3600MHz will it work with this 3200MHz or I need same memory speed?

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

If I purchase one more kit that is 2x8GB at 3600MHz will it work with this 3200MHz

Theoretically yes 

Both will be set to 3200 tho.

Build Log: 

at 16:07 I see stock temp og CPU 81 C.

Isn't it too high?

On 7/3/2020 at 7:26 PM, gloop said:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=crosshair+hero+viii

few dollars more meeeh :/

Just now, gloop said:

On Amazon UK the difference is £8. 

amazon is unreliable...screw amazon...

Just now, frozensun said:

amazon is unreliable...screw amazon...

Why?

price difference is only 15 euros towards Hero.

I went to newegg website about X570 Master and read all cons about this board and it made me scared...

I trust Asus and all my life was buying their boards,never had issues with them.

So maybe I'd give chance to Hero once again,huh?

Can I connect all my peripherals to it's USB 3.2 ports since it doesn't have 2.0 ports on I/O?

The only downside compared to GB is that it doesn't have backplate on the back of the MoBo and sadly WIFI version is very expensive here,but I don't need WI-FI that much.

Other then that I can't find any cons to this board except maybe if the M.2 is diffucult to install.

Does it have heatsinks for nvme?