3800x and pbo

Hey all I’ve installed my 3800x with fresh paste and temps look good. Just had a question about pbo.

i ran cinebench at stock and got score of 5105 multi and 525 single. I ran a few runs and it usually is between 5080-5105.

Im guessing these are decent scores for stock?

I enabled pbo and I got a score of 5090-5100. Does pbo do nothing for this cpu?

It’s not really a big deal I checked hwinfo64 and 7/8 cores boost up to 5.550mhz at stock which I’m happy with (cinebench is 4.2 all core) so will keep it at stock but just interested why this would be the case with this cpu and pbo.

There is another system in the house with a 3700x and it gets 4800 at stock and 4950 with pbo so just wondering.

thanks for reading

Pbo is not the strongest of overclocks 

Plus ryzen doesn't have that big of a benifit from overclocking.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Pbo is not the strongest of overclocks 

Plus ryzen doesn't have that big of a benifit from overclocking.

Yeh that seems like the case was just curious why it helps with the 3700x. Think it’s the ppt not limiting the cpu anymore? Compared to the 3800x which is already maxed out at 140+ ppt?

1 minute ago, pasipapo said:

just curious why it helps with the 3700x

3800x is a maxed 3700x out of the box 

That's the only difference.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: