17 y.o. Indian wastes parent's hard earned money (Rs.1.6 million) on pubg mobile in app purchases.

VirusDumb
On 7/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

It’s up to the parent to remove the cards info, not the app, it’s like the “McDonald isn’t healthy” argument, there are salads and things, but you have to pick them.

Like i said before there are some country's that actually try and protect their inhabitants.
If that would happen over here the company would have had to pay it all back as the buyer isnt of legal age. Company's keep that in mind and are very careful.

Its very normal to protect people from their own stupidity. It might sound weird to you but thats how we roll in the civilized world. 😛

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I do feel that the kid needs to take personal responsibility. 

But also micro transactions and loot boxes and gambling in gaming needs a crack down hard. Targeting kids and teens is not okay. There are studies on this addiction in things like gambling and loot boxes with a dopamine rush to the brain.

My younger relatives have been fed advertising for sports and horse gambling so it's normalised for them.

All well and good saying that it's personal responsibility and free choice, except they use human nature and psychology on people. Weak minded or just a typical flawed human ?

Spending should be capped or large transactions flagged, I think they should get a refund, they essentially provided nothing and it would cost them very little to remove/revert skins off the account.

Ideally the whole thing needs to piss off, it's toxic.

Special shout-out to @Raina21  all the best for tommorow (15th July, CBSE result day). wish you success.

Spoiler

Kash Mera bhi hojaye 90%(I wish that I also get 90%), will have to wait till 2022.

Spoiler

On 7/14/2020 at 9:55 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

Special shout-out to @Raina21  all the best for tommorow (15th July, CBSE result day). wish you success.imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

Hide contents

Hide contents

Thank You for your wishes @seAson3

On 7/14/2020 at 9:55 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

@Raina21

Hide contents

Kash Mera bhi hojaye 90%(I wish that I also get 90%), will have to wait till 2022.imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

Reveal hidden contents

Hojayenge, tension mat lo😌🙂👍

• 2 weeks later...

Reading all of these posts. I as a 16 year old would be:

🤦‍♂️

On 7/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, Escanor said:

So you would be fine with sending your kid to jail ?

Yes, absolutely. If they were under the age of 10 most likely not but this kid is 17 and pretty much an adult.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

22 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Yes, absolutely. If they were under the age of 10 most likely not but this kid is 17 and pretty much an adult.

you have severely underestimated the addiction indian teens have toward this game lmao

😕

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

He has a brain of 12 y.o.

I mean seriously though this kid is 17, almost out of the house, how do you think he’s gonna spend his money or act in the real if he can’t fucking control himself from spending his entire fucking college savings.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

When I was 17, I would be second questioning myself whenever I buy even a cup of coffee... Actually I still do that and I'm 24 now. 

17 year olds nowadays just spend money willy nilly on anything. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

He is 8y.o. mentally

12 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

When I was 17, I would be second questioning myself whenever I buy even a cup of coffee... Actually I still do that and I'm 24 now. 

especially ones who have never worked for their money...

i started working at 14, and realized how much money really does mean real quick.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Could be worse.... He could of spent it on RAID SHADOW LEGENDS. (sign up for 2000 free crystals at the link below -youtube shill)

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

think a 9, year old kid in denmark was playing clash of clans on his dads ipad, and not knowing the value of money he accidentally spent (i can't verify this number as it was a long time ago i read the article, and i didn't read it thoroughly) 200.000DKK. a bit over 32000$

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:24 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

started working at 14, and realized how much money really does mean real quick

Same

On 7/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

My 22 y.o. friend (ps:- he's older than me) asks his parents even before spending Rs.10(around half of a quarter) (cuz they give the money)