USB to HDMI compatibility

Grog_Guy

I have recently looked at USB 3.0 to HDMI adapters on the internet and seen them used with laptops to connect to multiple displays. This seems useful for a project for me, but i am unsure if it would be possible to use a USB 3 to HDMI adapter to connect a monitor to my desktop, whilst i also have other monitors connected to a discrete graphics card. I am aware that the graphics card has display drivers to make it work, but i dont know if those diaplay drivers (for gtx 1060) will prevent another monitor from connecting via usb and all of the monitors working together in windows. I do not expect to be gaming on the monitor connected by usb, as it will not be connected to the GPU, that monitor would just be for general desktop use whereas i use the monitors connected to the gpu for gaming. Does anyone have any insight on the feasability of this? thanks.

Those are actually little low power GPUs, so they'll have their own drivers and be seen as additional display adapters.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

So will one of those adapters work if i also have other monitors plugged into my main display adapter (namely my graphics card)?

Yes, you can have as many display adapters as you want on a system.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

USB video adapter will be laggy comparable to using remote desktop over a network 

I understand this but i am not using it for a regular use case. I plan to put a small monitor inside my pc and it would be easier to power the display over USB so that i can just use one of the headers off the motherboard instead of taking up one of the ports on my graphics card.