Video remoting was disabled when connecting from Windows 10 hyper v manager to windows 10 hyper v server

I followed this guide so I can access my Windows 10 HyperV server from my Windows 10 laptop, I have used the not in the same domain option(which I really don't know what that domain thing with servers and PCs is in Windows if someone can give a link I would be happy)* and it worked I connected to the Server as an Admin(the same one that automatically logs in when the server starts). I can do everything except connect to the VMs.That is a problem because most of the time VNC and TeamViewer to the server and then VM Connection to the VMs is really bad resolution and quality. (i could use RDP but I can't have it automatically start without the virtual OS being installed) The error I get is this:
Post image

Can someone please help?

For the VM's are all guest services enabled, are they gen 1 or gen 2. also the bad res is by default if you aren't using enhanced session mode.

In your Hyper-V Settings go to enhanced session mode policy and select the box that says allow enhanced session mode. Under user select use if available for enhanced session mode.

That should make consoles more workable for video.

Now with regards to why the session is disconnecting have a look in event viewer at what is going on and see if there are any errors reported in there. If you go Customer views -> Server Roles -> Hyper-V on the server you should get some info on the session disconnection. Also check on the machine you are connecting from for an event with something a little more details. Unfortunately the detail in those images isn't great to assess exactly what is causing it.

Based on what you said if I had to guess I'd say its something to do with the authentication but thats just a guess.

2 hours ago, The_Ellimist said:

For the VM's are all guest services enabled, are they gen 1 or gen 2. also the bad res is by default if you aren't using enhanced session mode.

In your Hyper-V Settings go to enhanced session mode policy and select the box that says allow enhanced session mode. Under user select use if available for enhanced session mode.

That should make consoles more workable for video.

Now with regards to why the session is disconnecting have a look in event viewer at what is going on and see if there are any errors reported in there. If you go Customer views -> Server Roles -> Hyper-V on the server you should get some info on the session disconnection. Also check on the machine you are connecting from for an event with something a little more details. Unfortunately the detail in those images isn't great to assess exactly what is causing it.

Based on what you said if I had to guess I'd say its something to do with the authentication but thats just a guess.

Hello I have to VMs first and second gen, both don't work, also i the custom view i don't have HyperV listed, only Web Server...If you  can assist further i would be happy

On 7/4/2020 at 5:09 AM, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Hello I have to VMs first and second gen, both don't work, also i the custom view i don't have HyperV listed, only Web Server...If you  can assist further i would be happy

It should be in custom view on your Hyper-V server not on the machine where you are getting the error. The machine you are getting the error you might see an error under the Windows Logs -> Applications heading. Check under both lets see if there is anything on either side of the connection.