Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vector0102

Overclocking software for old CPUs

3 minutes ago, Vector0102 said:

So I have quite a few old CPUs like the Core 2 Duos and some Pentiums, I can overclock the FSB with SetFSB but my mobo BIOS has no options to overclock anything. Is there any software to increase the voltage and other things for Windows 10?

If the bios can't do it windows can't either

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have quite a few old CPUs like the Core 2 Duos and some Pentiums, I can overclock the FSB with SetFSB but my mobo BIOS has no options to overclock anything. Is there any software to increase the voltage and other things for Windows 10?

Posted · Best Answer
3 minutes ago, Vector0102 said:

If the bios can't do it windows can't either

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB & Kingston UV400 120GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro & Linux Mint 

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Laptop [A hunk of shit]:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

38 minutes ago, Vector0102 said:

I was able to overclock the FSB while the BIOS couldnt do it

The bios could do it as FSB ocing is well done in the bios all the setFSB does is send an instruction to a very much so existing (maybe not visible) part in there that tells it to just up the FSB. Back then that was one of the popular ways you could get around a bios that didn't allow ocing and do a sort of oc in a limited fashion.