LED without ARGB header?

Aereldor
Go to solution Solved by Aereldor,

Turns out it'll default to the rainbow mode if I don't plug in the ARGB, which is fine by me.

I'm upgrading an old LGA 1150 PC for my little sister, and I found a cheap cooler which uses an ARGB header. Of course, my B85 board from 2014 doesn't have one. 

Question is - if I just plug it into the CPU fan header, without the ARGB, will the LEDs turn on at all? I don't care about RGB control, just the light in any color is fine. Or will I have to find some weird way of stripping the wires and hooking it up to a PWM header or something.

2 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I'm upgrading an old LGA 1150 PC for my little sister, and I found a cheap cooler which uses an ARGB header. Of course, my B85 board from 2014 doesn't have one. 

Question is - if I just plug it into the CPU fan header, without the ARGB, will the LEDs turn on at all? I don't care about RGB control, just the light in any color is fine. Or will I have to find some weird way of stripping the wires and hooking it up to a PWM header or something.

No you can plug it in the way that you are thinking of. 

Argb is usually 5v if you want to hack it up. But, there usually cheap generic controller that you can use with them

What cooler did you get?

You can get ARGB controllers with buttons if you buy almost any 3-pack. I would go with CoolerMaster, Fractal Design or Enermax.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv