Wireless Gaming Headset

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

@Samfisher, @Lord Vile, @Oswin

So i've been trying out the GSP 670 and looks like Lord Vile was right:

I have to say I'm really dissapointed that even such a "high-end" wireless headset (which is praised for it's sound quality by many reviewers!) doesn't even come close to my DT990's. The audio quality is mostly just "ok" for me. And the mic is just atroicious, even a 10€ Zalman ZM-Mic-1 sounds better. I'll send the sennheiser headset back. Other than that i got SEVERE interference issues as soon as i stood up from my desk or even turn my head away. Overall i can't recommend this headset at all. Looks I'll end up with the wired DT990's and the Modmic because there are just too many downsights. Well, it was worth a try, if only just to know wireless headsets or just headsets overall are just not up to my standards. Not even "high-end" ones for 350€.

For sure i was prepared to sacrafice SOME quality for the comfort of wireless, but I didn't expect the wireless headset experience would be that bad at all...

Thanks anyway guys!

Greetings good people,

i'm currently in the process of making my complete setup wireless, so i can switch between playing at my desk on my monitors and playing slower paced games on my HDR TV. I already have the Corsair K63 Wireless Keyboard with the optional "Lapboard" and Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless Mouse and an xBox controller.

Now i'm trying to find a good wireless headset. Currently i'm running Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600Ohm and the AntLion ModMic combo. Is there any wireless headset that can compare or even come close in terms of sound quality? I'm really hoping to go wireless without a significant downgrade compared to my wired headphone+mic combo.

To be clear, i'm not looking for gaming-focused features such as surround or strange sound profile which will make me hear footsteps better...

I'm primarily looking at pure audio quality comparable to my current DT990s.

Budget is not a big problem. When i actually find one that fits my needs, i'm prepared to pay.

Thanks in advance!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Pretty sure Sennheiser has their GSP line of wireless headsets.  Grado has one wireless set as well but man that think costs....a lot.  Actually they all do.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Pretty sure Sennheiser has their GSP line of wireless headsets.  Grado has one wireless set as well but man that think costs....a lot.  Actually they all do.

Yeah feared as much, edited my OP. If i find a good one for me, i'm prepared to pay.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

have read good things about the GSP670s though they are quite bulky and on the pricier side. they do have the gsp370s, that has great battery life but lacks the mic quality of their wired counterparts.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

On 7/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, Stahlmann98 said:

Greetings good people,

i'm currently in the process of making my complete setup wireless, so i can switch between playing at my desk on my monitors and playing slower paced games on my HDR TV. I already have the Corsair K63 Wireless Keyboard with the optional "Lapboard" and Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless Mouse and an xBox controller.

Now i'm trying to find a good wireless headset. Currently i'm running Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600Ohm and the AntLion ModMic combo. Is there any wireless headset that can compare or even come close in terms of sound quality? I'm really hoping to go wireless without a significant downgrade compared to my wired headphone+mic combo.

To be clear, i'm not looking for gaming-focused features such as surround or strange sound profile which will make me hear footsteps better...

I'm primarily looking at pure audio quality comparable to my current DT990s.

Budget is not a big problem. When i actually find one that fits my needs, i'm prepared to pay.

Thanks in advance!

No wireless headphones will match them. You lose a lot of quality in both the mic and audio. 

Also have fun with that mouse the wireless on it is truly horrendous.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

58 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

No wireless headphones will match them. You lose a lot of quality in both the mic and audio. 

Also have fun with that mouse the wireless on it is truly horrendous.

I'm thinking about trying out the Sennheiser GSP 670 after reading some more reviews about them. If they're not worth it i'll just send them back i guess.

The mouse and Keyboard Combo is working almost flawlessly for me. I have had some little connection issues, but nothing i wasn't expecting when moving to wireless. They haven't given me a reason to send them back yet. Maybe there is interference when adding a headset to the mix, but i can't know unless i try.

Also i don't really care that much about my mic audio, just added the ModMic to the DT990s to have any mic whatsoever.

@Oswin, @Samfisher, @Lord Vile

I'll get back to you guys about my results! Thanks for the Input!

I have to say I'm really dissapointed that even such a "high-end" wireless headset (which is praised for it's sound quality by many reviewers!) doesn't even come close to my DT990's. The audio quality is mostly just "ok" for me. And the mic is just atroicious, even a 10€ Zalman ZM-Mic-1 sounds better. I'll send the sennheiser headset back. Other than that i got SEVERE interference issues as soon as i stood up from my desk or even turn my head away. Overall i can't recommend this headset at all. Looks I'll end up with the wired DT990's and the Modmic because there are just too many downsights. Well, it was worth a try, if only just to know wireless headsets or just headsets overall are just not up to my standards. Not even "high-end" ones for 350€.

For sure i was prepared to sacrafice SOME quality for the comfort of wireless, but I didn't expect the wireless headset experience would be that bad at all...

Thanks anyway guys!

8 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Thanks anyway guys!

its pretty hard to beat a wired + modmic combo :D 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Thanks anyway guys!

TBH I use my 599's for gaming nowdays. I only use my headset if i really need a mic, though it's not a bad headset. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?