Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elmo2091

Chassis intrusion

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone, i have a old computer which was laying in my basement and i wanted to make it run. I managed to install Windows 10 on a random HDD but every time i want to restart it(or start it) i have to reset the BIOS from the pins because i get an error like this :"Chassis Intruded........Fatal error ...... System Halted". I looked on the motherboard and i foun 3 pins labeled as "CHASSIS" with a jumper on. I played around with the jumper position but nothing. Also, i couldn't find the setting for chassis intrusion in BIOS settings. I really want this annoying thing to be fixed because i want to overclock the pc and i can't since i have to reset BIOS every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be good to look up the manual for the motherboard make and model to see which pin to short.


QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Might be good to look up the manual for the motherboard make and model to see which pin to short.

There are only 3 pins in this order : 1-0-1-1 (1 means pin, 0 means space) and i shorted the last two because the jumper is only 2 pin wide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elmo2091 said:

There are only 3 pins in this order : 1-0-1-1 (1 means pin, 0 means space) and i shorted the last two because the jumper is only 2 pin wide.

Read what @Samfisher said,i highlighted it for you:

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Might be good to look up the manual for the motherboard make and model to see which pin to short.

 


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Elmo2091 said:

Hi everyone, i have a old computer which was laying in my basement and i wanted to make it run. I managed to install Windows 10 on a random HDD but every time i want to restart it(or start it) i have to reset the BIOS from the pins because i get an error like this :"Chassis Intruded........Fatal error ...... System Halted". I looked on the motherboard and i foun 3 pins labeled as "CHASSIS" with a jumper on. I played around with the jumper position but nothing. Also, i couldn't find the setting for chassis intrusion in BIOS settings. I really want this annoying thing to be fixed because i want to overclock the pc and i can't since i have to reset BIOS every time.

Most motherboards do have a chassis intrusion jumper somewhere. It's intended to warn you that the chassis is still open/someone has tampered with it. It's not really any good without the password on the bios however. You should be able to actually turn it off in the BIOS or jumper the correct pins.

 

https://www.asus.com/dk/support/FAQ/1010923/

 

d102c16f-25d0-4bb4-b55d-e091538cb72c.jpg

 

This typically replaced earlier "key lock" pins on pre-ATX systems. Look up the manual to see which pins need to be shorted, or just find the feature in the bios.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elmo2091 said:

It only describes CLRTC jumper.

What is the make and model of the machine?


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Vishera said:

What is the make and model of the machine?

ASUS P5K PRO(motherboard). An old custom build.(very old). CPU: Core 2 Due E4600. 3GB of ddr2 RAM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try replacing the CMOS battery? It's an almost 15 year old machine, it's probably dead by now.


F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Did you try replacing the CMOS battery? It's an almost 15 year old machine, it's probably dead by now.

Yes, i tried.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×