Chassis intrusion

Hi everyone, i have a old computer which was laying in my basement and i wanted to make it run. I managed to install Windows 10 on a random HDD but every time i want to restart it(or start it) i have to reset the BIOS from the pins because i get an error like this :"Chassis Intruded........Fatal error ...... System Halted". I looked on the motherboard and i foun 3 pins labeled as "CHASSIS" with a jumper on. I played around with the jumper position but nothing. Also, i couldn't find the setting for chassis intrusion in BIOS settings. I really want this annoying thing to be fixed because i want to overclock the pc and i can't since i have to reset BIOS every time.

Might be good to look up the manual for the motherboard make and model to see which pin to short.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Might be good to look up the manual for the motherboard make and model to see which pin to short.

There are only 3 pins in this order : 1-0-1-1 (1 means pin, 0 means space) and i shorted the last two because the jumper is only 2 pin wide.

2 minutes ago, Elmo2091 said:

There are only 3 pins in this order : 1-0-1-1 (1 means pin, 0 means space) and i shorted the last two because the jumper is only 2 pin wide.

Read what @Samfisher said,i highlighted it for you:

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Read what @Samfisher said,i highlighted it for you:

It only describes CLRTC jumper.

30 minutes ago, Elmo2091 said:

Hi everyone, i have a old computer which was laying in my basement and i wanted to make it run. I managed to install Windows 10 on a random HDD but every time i want to restart it(or start it) i have to reset the BIOS from the pins because i get an error like this :"Chassis Intruded........Fatal error ...... System Halted". I looked on the motherboard and i foun 3 pins labeled as "CHASSIS" with a jumper on. I played around with the jumper position but nothing. Also, i couldn't find the setting for chassis intrusion in BIOS settings. I really want this annoying thing to be fixed because i want to overclock the pc and i can't since i have to reset BIOS every time.

Most motherboards do have a chassis intrusion jumper somewhere. It's intended to warn you that the chassis is still open/someone has tampered with it. It's not really any good without the password on the bios however. You should be able to actually turn it off in the BIOS or jumper the correct pins.

https://www.asus.com/dk/support/FAQ/1010923/

d102c16f-25d0-4bb4-b55d-e091538cb72c.jpg

This typically replaced earlier "key lock" pins on pre-ATX systems. Look up the manual to see which pins need to be shorted, or just find the feature in the bios.

Just now, Elmo2091 said:

It only describes CLRTC jumper.

What is the make and model of the machine?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

What is the make and model of the machine?

ASUS P5K PRO(motherboard). An old custom build.(very old). CPU: Core 2 Due E4600. 3GB of ddr2 RAM

Did you try replacing the CMOS battery? It's an almost 15 year old machine, it's probably dead by now.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Did you try replacing the CMOS battery? It's an almost 15 year old machine, it's probably dead by now.

Yes, i tried.