How to make an internet kill switch

Khoomn

Was wondering how to make an internet kill switch so I never am able to use my home ip. I know nordvpn has a kill switch but its meh for me as I use my own OVH vpn and probably will use some others. So I want to know the general way of making one on my pc so it doesnt affect my parents or anyone else on the internet at my house. Also need one for my phone, I use nord on there but can't find the killswitch for mobile

1 hour ago, Khoomn said:

Was wondering how to make an internet kill switch so I never am able to use my home ip. I know nordvpn has a kill switch but its meh for me as I use my own OVH vpn and probably will use some others. So I want to know the general way of making one on my pc so it doesnt affect my parents or anyone else on the internet at my house.

If you're using the app (easiest option), just activate the kill-switch on your devices.

On the other hand, if you're using the VPN client built into your router, most VPN providers will provide some conditional firewall rules in case of loss of connection. With NordVPN you can choose to use "only a specified IP address will lose internet access in case of a VPN drop", in which case it would make things a bit simpler if static IPs are assigned to your client devices.

1 hour ago, Khoomn said:

Also need one for my phone, I use nord on there but can't find the killswitch for mobile

On Android...

spacer.png