What will I choose to bottleneck?

I'm planning to upgrade my current system, it has Ryzen 3 1200, gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram, and B350M. However, I'm on a tight budget so I need to choose between upgrading either the cpu or the gpu. If I upgrade my cpu, I'm planning to buy Ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 7 2700. I want it to be zen 2 so I can upgrade my MOBO to X570 in the future. I also have budget for adding 8gb ram so upgrading my cpu will be fine. If I choose to upgrade my gpu, I'm planning to buy gtx 1070 or gtx 1070ti, it's so I can upgrade my cpu to zen 2 without or less worries of bottleneck. I know either choice will be a bottleneck. I need your help and recommendation guys, sorry for a long post. Thank you.

What's your budget exactly ? 

Just get an extra 8 gig dimm and if you can live with what you've got now 

Save up more and wait for zen 3

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, kinnith said:

If you can only get one, the 1070 will make quite a significant difference in gaming. You may be better waiting for the next GPU launches. They'll probably be out of your price range but they're maybe better pricing on last gen parts or more options on the used market

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

10 minutes ago, kinnith said:

I'd probably do both the GPU and RAM, if you can; otherwise, just the GPU.

And if you go CPU, be aware that Zen 2 is the 3600/3700, not 2600/2700 (those are Zen+).

I say GPU first if you are actively gaming, however i would look for the 16 or 20 series gpu's.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

35 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What's your budget exactly ? 

Just get an extra 8 gig dimm and if you can live with what you've got now 

Save up more and wait for zen 3

My budget is about $200 less, I'm just waiting and hoping for a sale from my local computer hardware store.

44 minutes ago, kinnith said:

upgrade my MOBO to X570 in the future

you dont have to get new mobo

btw i dont see cpu /gpu drop in used market for about 0.5 yr

1 minute ago, Intel Fanboy said:

What is your use case? What do you use this system for?

I use my system for editing and gaming. I use photoshop, premiere, after effects and some programming software. The games I play is some light title games like LOL, DOTA2, Valorant, Apex, and some triple A games occasionally.

16 minutes ago, kinnith said:

My budget is about $200

Get an extra 8 gig stick and save up more 

And wait for zen 3.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

et an extra 8 gig stick and save up more 

And wait for zen 3.

budget zen 3 will be even a few month later than main stream 4600 ( i suppose)

and your b350 may not support it.

used 2700 shall be a great deal for you

17 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

Your creative work is very cpu dependant, but your games are very gpu dependant. What do you do more often or care more about, gaming or your creative work?

It's a hard question, I do gaming often, but my cpu is not on recommended specs, maybe I will focus on my cpu.

13 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Get an extra 8 gig stick and save up more 

And wait for zen 3.

11 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

Probably a good idea

6 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

budget zen 3 will be even a few month later than main stream 4600 ( i suppose)

and your b350 may not support it.

used 2700 shall be a great deal for you

I guess I will buy extra 8 gig and wait for zen 3. I will also try to find a used 2700. Thanks guys for answering my question it really helps.

3 minutes ago, kinnith said:

It's a hard question, I do gaming often, but my cpu is not on recommended specs, maybe I will focus on my cpu.

I ran an rx580 with a 2200g (basically the same CPU but with an iGPU) and basically didnt get bottle necked (thats a 1060 6gb on nvidia side for performance equivalent) so id definately vote you upgrade the GPU, and then id wait for zen3 for CPU upgrades (even if you only upgrade to zen2 at that point cause the used price drops)

the other stick of ram will also more noticeable than CPU for now.

I guess the question is where are you noticing a lack of performance?

The GPU will definately be holding you back in games, and the CPU might holding you back in creative work.

so which is annoying you more?

19 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

Definitely upgrade your cpu. Don't get the 1070 because you can get an RTX card for the same price and rtx is better, so save up for rtx cards. In the meantime, right now, upgrade your cpu. that will really help. upgrade your cpu hope that helps. Upgrade your cpu right now and upgrade your graphics to an rtx card once you have the money, but right now, upgrade the cpu to a ryzen 5 3600, or ryzen 7 if you have the money for that

Do you mean 2600 or 3600? I'm a bit afraid of updating my bios to Beta bios, because b450 will not be compatible to 1200 anymore once it update(I'm not so sure about this). I also have a plan to give my current system to my parents once I upgraded them all.

21 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

I guess the question is where are you noticing a lack of performance?

The GPU will definately be holding you back in games, and the CPU might holding you back in creative work.

so which is annoying you more?

My cpu is fine for me when I'm in creative work, it still do the job done. But in gaming my cpu is the problem, my cpu is not on recommended specs and sometimes I can't record some clips while in game.

12 hours ago, kinnith said:

My cpu is fine for me when I'm in creative work, it still do the job done. But in gaming my cpu is the problem, my cpu is not on recommended specs and sometimes I can't record some clips while in game.

Yeah fair play. Go 3600 rather than 2700 would be my advice. Most games will benefit from the faster single thread performance of zen2 over the extra cores of a 2700.

And dont worry about the BIOS, its only "beta" beacuse its not officially supported by AMD. If it was actually bad or dodgy in any way, it wouldnt be on the manufactuers website as a public release.