Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow_Storm56

Help my linus one! Your my only hope.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have a really fun network! It has tons of repeaters and so many devices..... It's for a farm and we have alot of devices so I run into a few issues. Once devices are connected then all is good but when you are connecting to a repeater it can take like 15 mins to  obtain ip adress and if somthing causes you to disconnect your back there again. Android devices like my phone can pretty much jump from one source to the other and be fine but apple devices are less happy about it. My router is one of the edge router lites, only a few years old. All the wired connections to any of the repeaters work just fine so it's only the wireless ones that have that issue. It's kinda annoying and I am trying to figure out what causes it. Somtimes setting a reserved ip for a device or a static ip in the device will make that device work on all of them with no problem but other times it does nothing. 

Set all the channels from Auto to a channel you desire, Stating you're at a farm, doesn't matter what you choose ( 1-20)

Interested in Business and Technology

I'm no expert on Apple networking but my understanding is they need Bonjour support to be able to jump between different networks. The fact that all your devices work fine except the Apples would suggest its an issue with the Apple devices, not the network.

Also remember there is a hard limit of 253 devices on any subnet (technically 254 but the gateway must always exist), this includes any repeaters and range extenders you may have.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm no expert on Apple networking but my understanding is they need Bonjour support to be able to jump between different networks. The fact that all your devices work fine except the Apples would suggest its an issue with the Apple devices, not the network.

Also remember there is a hard limit of 253 devices on any subnet (technically 254 but the gateway must always exist), this includes any repeaters and range extenders you may have.

I'm at around 80 or so devices, it's not about quickly jumping networks it's like if I connect a tablet to the network in my farm market it takes a lot of time for it to work. 

35 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

static ip

Works best if *all* devices are assigned a static ip, rather than a mix. Can you set a static set for all the devices capable of accepting that? And then in the router set a reserved batch for DHCP that's well and away from the static IPs?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Works best if *all* devices are assigned a static ip, rather than a mix. Can you set a static set for all the devices capable of accepting that? And then in the router set a reserved batch for DHCP that's well and away from the static IPs?

I can yes, static in the router or in the device?