Is that normal to have slightly darker colors on edges.

Yukitemi

I bought my first IPS panel and not sure what's normal or not.

So when looking straight in the center you see red for example, but on the edges it's slightly darker red. But when you move your head to look straight on the edge you see same red as you saw in the center.

I guess it's normal, but just in case curious. It's like viewing angles on TN just for some reason more noticeable(or maybe I just look into it too much)

Thats not an issue with viewing angles. It's called vignetting and is common with any LCD display. Some have more, some have less.

Edit: Even high-end LCD panels like a Samsung Q90r TV for >2000$ still suffer from this.

Edit 2: Misread first. If it would be vignetting, it would stay even if you move your head to the edges. What IPS monitor do you have? Seems like a lower quality one.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Yukitemi said:

I bought my first IPS panel and not sure what's normal or not.

So when looking straight in the center you see red for example, but on the edges it's slightly darker red. But when you move your head to look straight on the edge you see same red as you saw in the center.

I guess it's normal, but just in case curious. It's like viewing angles on TN just for some reason more noticeable(or maybe I just look into it too much)

If it were a static effect it would be 'normal' vignetting which varies fro model to model.

However since its changing as u move its likely the result of IPS glow affecting the colors.

Set a black background and see what it looks like in a dark room.

Some amount of IPS is normal however it varies from panel to panel and u dont want to have much if any at all , so u could get it replaced with another monitor of the same model and have a different amount.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

4 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Set a black background and see what it looks like in a dark room.

So it's dark now but I dont' know how to show it because phone camera sucks in darkness.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

What IPS monitor do you have?

Model is AOC 24G2U/BK

Angle from left

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.c1c073467bedaf9e5f1bb59afd17121b.png

Center

Spoiler

4.thumb.png.8e747f8a33be6cce4bd85f2b9101bda5.png

And right

Spoiler

3.thumb.png.354de1e7be6e4137ebbe28cf45aaa8f5.png

It brightens significantly when I look from above

Spoiler

5.thumb.png.ffc19842962ce5722126aff7fc2aceb3.png

11 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

Oh maybe video is better.

This time brightness is 100

Yes that looks like IPS glow. This is related to IPS technology and will be a problem with all IPS monitors to a varying degree. Some have more, some have less. You can replace it with the same model to see if you get a better panel (but all IPS monitors have it), but if it doesn't bother you too much i'd just leave it. Normally you only see it in very dark scenes.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

Oh maybe video is better.

This time brightness is 100

Thats IPS glow.

If u cant position the monitor and/or urself in such a way that u dont see it / very little, then u could just RMA it and get another one ..its a lottery on how much ull get. But do understand, the next one could end up being worse.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

33 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Yes that looks like IPS glow

21 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Thats IPS glow.

Is it related to what I said before? That, for example, when I sit a lil above the center of monitor the bottom egde apears darker?

Edited by Yukitemi

50 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

Is it related to what I said before? That, for example, when I sit a lil above the center of monitor the bottom egde apears darker?

Well there are many factors that can impact this. First theres just uniformity, which means if the same color appears slightly different on each part of the screen. Then theres viewing angles, which mean how the colors shift when not viewing flat from the front. And vignetting are the darker borders. There is no LCD monitor which is perfect in any of these. The Issue you brought up is a combination of everything. But from the fotos and the video i don't see anything to a degree where you should worry about it.