Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tradition2

Ryzen 3 3300x from stock to 4.6ghz voltages

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Since there is so much discussion on what the safe voltages for ryzen are i decided to do a test of my own.

i set everything to auto on the bios and used only ryzen master to control, ran at stock where the voltages are 1.388 for all core with 4.25ghz, 1.25v for 4.55ghz and 1.325v for 4.6ghz

btw i was using OBS to record so the result are quite lower than real 4.6 i get 2820~

 

here is the youtube video for you guys, just to give some proof dont care about my channel

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuszq_FLiO8

 

Results without recording

https://ibb.co/G5dHMXV

Link to post
Share on other sites

question ?


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

question ?

Just wanted to show how messed up ryzen voltages are

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tradition2 said:

Just wanted to show how messed up ryzen voltages are

Messed up compared to what?


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti - RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz cl16 - PSU: Corsair RMx 650W - Storage: 500 GB Samsung Evo 850 2,5" + 2 TB Samsung Evo 860 M.2 - Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 (CPU) + Raijintek Morpheus II (GPU) - Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase H500 - Fans: Noctua 2x NF-A20 (Front), 1x NF-A14 (Top back), 1x NF-F12 (Back), 2x NF-A12x15 (GPU) - Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX II - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: AOC AG352UCG6 Secondary Monitor: AOC 24G2 HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless - Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

Messed up compared to what?

^ exactly 

and silicon quality is different 

you can't take one chip and then say ah the silicon is shit 

i can do that with any intel chip right now lol. 

and considering that this is a pretty heavy overclock 

i would not expect any reasonable voltages 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Messed up compared to what?

they use way to much voltage for the clock 4.4 i can do with 1.1v it goes 1.388 for 4.25 that ridiculous

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tradition2 said:

they use way to much voltage for the clock 4.4 i can do with 1.1v it goes 1.388 for 4.25 that ridiculous

You can tune your system as you want. If you can run stock at 1.1v thats nice. But AMD has to account for the worst chips which really need the voltage to run stable at their advertised speed. Also you'll have to look at the voltage under load because they are not fixed. My 3700X runs at 1.4-1.5V while idle and when under full all-core load it drops to ~1.1V with stock settings.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti - RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz cl16 - PSU: Corsair RMx 650W - Storage: 500 GB Samsung Evo 850 2,5" + 2 TB Samsung Evo 860 M.2 - Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 (CPU) + Raijintek Morpheus II (GPU) - Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase H500 - Fans: Noctua 2x NF-A20 (Front), 1x NF-A14 (Top back), 1x NF-F12 (Back), 2x NF-A12x15 (GPU) - Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX II - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: AOC AG352UCG6 Secondary Monitor: AOC 24G2 HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless - Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

You can tune your system as you want. If you can run stock at 1.1v thats nice. But AMD has to account for the worst chips which really need the voltage to run stable at their advertised speed. Also you'll have to look at the voltage under load because they are not fixed. My 3700X runs at 1.4-1.5V while idle and when under full all-core load it drops to ~1.1V with stock settings.

if you look the youtube video i looked at that under full load all core it uses 1.388 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tradition2 said:

if you look the youtube video i looked at that under full load all core it uses 1.388 

so what are you benefiting from this exactly ? 

as i said 

silicon quality is different from one chip to another 

and considering that this a ryzen chip ( not known to overclocking as well ) benefits to overclocking are almost non existing 

do you know what ryzen benefits from ? memory overclocking   


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

so what are you benefiting from this exactly ? 

as i said 

silicon quality is different from one chip to another 

and considering that this a ryzen chip ( not known to overclocking as well ) benefits to overclocking are almost non existing 

do you know what ryzen benefits from ? memory overclocking   

i got from 4.25 up to 4.55 with almost 10C less

my memory is alredy at max 3466@cl16 wont go beyond samsung-bie bad bin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×