Steam Client Bootstrapper High CPU Usage

Whenever I launch Rainbow Six Siege Vulkan from Steam, the cpu usage of the steam client bootstrapper skyrockets from 1% usage to around 15-20% which does not happen with any other game on steam. I tried many fixes including uninstalling my games and steam but none have worked so far. After I close down R6, steam's cpu usage still stays around 15-20%. I am currently running on windows 10 pro with dual e5-2667v2 cpus which are more than enough for gaming with a 5700 xt.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

When launching with Vulkan it compiles the shaders each time, which takes up CPU usage. This shouldn't happen when launching with DirectX. Once the game is launched the process of finished. When closing the game, the data is syncing with the cloud data, which also takes up CPU usage. After a few seceonds it should be finished.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

When launching with Vulkan it compiles the shaders each time, which takes up CPU usage. This shouldn't happen when launching with DirectX. Once the game is launched the process of finished. When closing the game, the data is syncing with the cloud data, which also takes up CPU usage. After a few seceonds it should be finished.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, thought that it had to do something with vulkan, but the high cpu usage continues for a very long time after I close out of the game. Once I played Siege one day, I closed out and all that (I let steam run). When I came back the next the cpu usage for steam was like 30% which is quite weird. Is there any solution to do stop the syncing?

2 minutes ago, artavasdes said:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, thought that it had to do something with vulkan, but the high cpu usage continues for a very long time after I close out of the game. Once I played Siege one day, I closed out and all that (I let steam run). When I came back the next the cpu usage for steam was like 30% which is quite weird. Is there any solution to do stop the syncing?

Normally the syncing is only for a few seconds after closing any game. I think you have another issue here. Maybe some download you didn't notice? If i remember correctly Vulkan is known to split up the load between GPU and CPU more, so a higher CPU usage would be normal compared to DirectX. Is network usage also high while the CPU is working after leaving the PC and coming back?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Normally the syncing is only for a few seconds after closing any game. I think you have another issue here. Maybe some download you didn't notice? If i remember correctly Vulkan is known to split up the load between GPU and CPU more, so a higher CPU usage would be normal compared to DirectX. Is network usage also high while the CPU is working after leaving the PC and coming back?

I have no idea if the network usage is high. I am currently not on the system, I will take a look tomorrow when I have sometime. Also, steam says I have no shader cache, does that have something to do with it? I have the uplay version of the game to (for my alt account). I play with vulkan on that too, but I get no issues like high cpu usage while on steam.

@Stahlmann98 After monitoring my network usage after closing out of R6 vulkan, my network usage was very low. My cpu usage remained high. I decided to launch the game with directx11 and the steam client bootstrapper usage went down to around .7%, this must mean it is a vulkan issue like you said.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 9:31 PM, artavasdes said:

@Stahlmann98 After monitoring my network usage after closing out of R6 vulkan, my network usage was very low. My cpu usage remained high. I decided to launch the game with directx11 and the steam client bootstrapper usage went down to around .7%, this must mean it is a vulkan issue like you said.

i have the same exact issue like u do i asked ubi for solution bu they said use directX for now but that not what i want bcs  i get a really low fps on directX so what i did was launch it on vulkan and in taskmanager->details->steam.exe reduced priority and affinity, but its temporary and we need a solution

I'm having the same problem, what i do for now is just launch it using the .exe file its self or a shortcut of the .exe file and I don't get steam high cpu usage while playing it, but when I close it my steam spikes to 12 and I have to restart steam for it to not.