Ryzen XT: Good or bad?

I'm looking to buy a Ryzen 5 3600XT, but I was wondering if it was really an upgrade from the 3600X, or if it was just a dumb marketing failure with an extra letter in the name. Could anyone please give me recommendations? 

no, that wouldnt be a major upgrade, probably best to wait for the new zen 3 and upgrade it to that

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

no, that wouldnt be a major update, probably best to wait for the new zen 3 and upgrade it to that

But the question is, when is the Zen 3 architecture even coming out? I'm an impatient guy, and I can't really wait a year or two.

Edited by EnergizedMemer

Just now, EnergizedMemer said:

But the question is, when is the Zen 3 architecture even coming out? 

Late 2020.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, EnergizedMemer said:

I'm looking to buy a Ryzen 5 3600XT, but I was wondering if it was really an upgrade from the 3600X, or if it was just a dumb marketing failure with an extra letter in the name. Could anyone please give me recommendations? 

Nope just don't do it you should wait till next generation launch.

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Just now, Mihle said:

Late 2020.

Yeah, you guys are probably right. I'll just wait

New CPUs coming later this year. Both the 3600X and 3600XT are only marginally faster than the normal 3600. This is not an upgrade.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Other question: Why would you want to upgrade from a 3600? It's a perfectly fine CPU.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

New CPUs coming later this year. Both the 3600X and 3600XT are only marginally faster than the normal 3600. This is not an upgrade.

Okay.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

Other question: Why would you want to upgrade from a 3600? It's a perfectly fine CPU.

Well, mine isn't working that great for some reason.

The performance I'm getting is like I have a 1st-gen Ryzen 5. Still acceptable, but I have the money to upgrade, so why not?

11 minutes ago, EnergizedMemer said:

The performance I'm getting is like I have a 1st-gen Ryzen 5. Still acceptable, but I have the money to upgrade, so why not?

Performance in what? I guess your Issue is somewhere else and not a slow processor. The 3600 is a very capable processor.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Performance in what? I guess your Issue is somewhere else and not a slow processor. The 3600 is a very capable processor.

You won't believe it. Right now, I reinstalled Ryzen Master and it works pretty well now! I have to sort out the family PC now, though.

14 minutes ago, EnergizedMemer said:

I'm getting is like I have a 1st-gen Ryzen 5. Still acceptable

what are doing with 1st gen r5?

overclocked to ~3.8/4g is a beast

gaming? only upgrade if you have rtx2070 or higher

Just now, dfsgsfa said:

what are doing with 1st gen r5?

overclocked to ~3.8/4g is a beast

gaming? only upgrade if you have rtx2070 or higher

I meant that my 3rd gen R5 was performing like a 1st gen R5, but reinstalling Ryzen Master seemed to sort out the issue. I must've done something wrong.

1 minute ago, EnergizedMemer said:

I meant that my 3rd gen R5 was performing like a 1st gen R5, but reinstalling Ryzen Master seemed to sort out the issue. I must've done something wrong.

It was probably stuck at some lower clock speed. I had this issue before with an Intel  processor and the Intel XTU (overclocking) software. Because of some bug it decided to heavily downclock the CPU cache reducing system performance.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

2 minutes ago, mathijs727 said:

It was probably stuck at some lower clock speed. I had this issue before with an Intel  processor and the Intel XTU (overclocking) software. Because of some bug it decided to heavily downclock the CPU cache reducing system performance.

I guess that probably happened with me.

There is something more important here when it comes to upgrading. It's almost never a good idea to upgrade to the same CPU only 1 gen later. Rather instead get the 3700. That would bring so much more performance than the 3600xt I would assume. Craft computing did a cool video explaining this.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

The XTs are just binned and clock higher out of the box as a result. It's basically just the X, with better silicone. If you can get either at the same price, go with the XT. No brainer, but I wouldn't pay more for it. Though, it you compare it to the higher tier, like 5600XT vs 5700X, and just don't want to spend the extra cash, I suppose you could look at it as a stretch compromise.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse