Build request for 4K editing, no gaming at all

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Mainly to edit 4K 60fps footage on 4K. Footage recorded from my go pro hero 8 or equivalent camera and put together for YouTube in 4k60fps.

Photoshop to edit thumbnails etc. No gaming.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

£1.6k

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Within 2 weeks

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

Tower, KB&M, monitor.

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

UK

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

N/A

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

Slightly

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

SSD for boot, HDD for storage

What type of network connectivity do you need? (Wired and/or WiFi) If WiFi is needed and you would like to find the fastest match for your wireless router, please list any specifics.

Wired and WiFi

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

Black Mid-tower with tempered glass side panel. RGB lighting.

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

No

Extra info or particulars:

No

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/x8NYDx

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£250.56 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£179.99 @ Box Limited) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£118.65 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£70.54 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.79 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£489.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£69.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Total: £1323.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-02 07:44 BST+0100

this is a 4k monitor that i have heard good things about and its on a discount so should fit into your budget. i lift KB&M out because that is down to personal preference and its hard for me to recommend.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

40 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£489.99 @ Ebuyer) .

Pretty stupid to spend 30% of the budget on a gaming GPU when OP isn't doing any gaming whatsoever. CUDA doesn't even reliably beat AMD in Premiere anymore, with the RX 5700 being as fast as the RTX 2080.

I would wait for the new CPUs and GPUs, they'll be announced very soon and out in early Q4 at the latest.

If you need it now, get this -

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor  (£655.93 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£140.52 @ SmartTeck.co.uk) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£233.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£58.92 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Toshiba P300 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£62.62 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card  (£134.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: KOLINK STRONGHOLD ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Power Supply: KOLINK ENCLAVE 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£62.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Monitor: LG 27UL500-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor  (£249.00 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Keyboard: Redragon K552-N Wired Standard Keyboard  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless Laser Mouse  (£90.00) 
Total: £1765.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-02 08:51 BST+0100

14 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I would wait for the new CPUs and GPUs, they'll be announced very soon and out in early Q4 at the latest.

If you need it now, get this -

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor  (£655.93 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£140.52 @ SmartTeck.co.uk) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£233.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£58.92 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Toshiba P300 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£62.62 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card  (£134.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: KOLINK STRONGHOLD ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Power Supply: KOLINK ENCLAVE 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£62.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Monitor: LG 27UL500-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor  (£249.00 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Keyboard: Redragon K552-N Wired Standard Keyboard  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless Laser Mouse  (£90.00) 
Total: £1765.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-02 08:51 BST+0100

Quick question: Why should I not get a cheaper mouse like the Logitech G203 and get a better hard drive? I'm thinking of picking a WD Black instead. What do you think?

I also personally am not feeling the PSU. It only comes with a 3 year warranty and reviews on it are sparse :/

Why did you also not include a aftermarket cooler or any extra case fans?

52 minutes ago, curiousgamer121 said:

Quick question: Why should I not get a cheaper mouse like the Logitech G203 and get a better hard drive? I'm thinking of picking a WD Black instead. What do you think?

Kb&m are up to you. The drive is fine. It’s 7200rpm, equal to the WD Black

Edit: the psu also has dc-dc, it’s less likely to fail you, and it has gold efficiency, so it’ll be fine

2 hours ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Edit: the psu also has dc-dc, it’s less likely to fail you, and it has gold efficiency, so it’ll be fine

Cool, then my final choice is in cheaping out on the kb&m and using that money to get an aftermarket cooler like a noctua (and some RGB strips lol)

2 hours ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

The reason for the noctua is because pcpartpicker says that the CPU doesnt come with stock cooler

I also see this:

Note:The ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the KOLINK ENCLAVE 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

is it something i should worry about?

14 hours ago, curiousgamer121 said:

Note:The ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the KOLINK ENCLAVE 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

is it something i should worry about?

Not unless you’re think of hitting 5.5ghz on all cores