This is Bullshit!

Dimondminer11

I've been trying to install the Windows 10 2004 update but it won't let me saying my device isn't ready yet. I've tried with windows update and the update tool which has wasted many hours and GBs of data on a limited data plan. Let me decide to install it myself Microsoft for fucks sake! (Only want to install for the hardware scheduling acceleration stuff.)

Update tool worked for me.  And the hardware scheduling doesn't really do all that much right now.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Are you trying to solve the problem? Or just venting? If the latter, this is what status updates are for, my dude.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Are you trying to solve the problem? Or just venting? If the latter, this is what status updates are for, my dude.

Yes solve the problem wtf do you think?! 

I have the same bull shit happen to me , it says my settings or something isn’t ready. Which is total bs. This is to be expected , classic Microsoft 

5 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Yes solve the problem wtf do you think?! 

Ok, because it seemed like kind of a rant without any question attached. You have to be on 1903 or 1909 for the update to install. Are you on one or the other of those?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Ok, because it seemed like kind of a rant without any question attached. You have to be on 1903 or 1909 for the update to install. Are you on one or the other of those?

I am on 1903 using a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming 7567, which funnily enough, IS ON THE VERIFIED LIST FOR MACHINES THAT WORK WITH THE WINDOWS 10 2004 UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Due to issues they've inadvertently caused for customers in the past, Microsoft has become more conservative with the roll-out of updates, holding them back until they are reasonably sure they won't cause issues, as a courtesy to the user.  If you want to manually force it, you can always do so using the update tool, but it's generally recommended that you wait for them to offer it so that the chance of issues is minimized.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If you want to manually force it, you can always do so using the update tool

Literally tried that and it came up with the same bullshit saying that my pc isn't ready sort of crap 

17 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Literally tried that and it came up with the same bullshit saying that my pc isn't ready sort of crap 

Hmm, I guess they've changed this since last I used it.  That is unfortunate, if you can't use this tool to force the update there's literally no reason for it to exist.

In the mean time, if you really want to get it, you could download an installer and do a fresh install, but that is a bit drastic

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hmm, I guess they've changed this since last I used it.  That is unfortunate, if you can't use this tool to force the update there's literally no reason for it to exist.

In the mean time, if you really want to get it, you could download an installer and do a fresh install, but that is a bit drastic

Yeah and I feel thats not really that worth it for just a couple extra fps while gaming.

6 hours ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Yeah and I feel thats not really that worth it for just a couple extra fps while gaming.

Unless you have a GPU with low VRAM, like a 1650, you won't see any benefit. At the moment, being version 1 of these drivers, they are bugs with other programs when this feature is enabled.

Microsoft knows better than you about compatibility problem. If you want to be on the bleeding edge and get what you get, then you can join the Insider program.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Unless you have a GPU with low VRAM, like a 1650, you won't see any benefit. At the moment, being version 1 of these drivers, they are bugs with other programs when this feature is enabled.

Microsoft knows better than you about compatibility problem. If you want to be on the bleeding edge and get what you get, then you can join the Insider program.

But my machine is verified to work with the update. Explain that one dere bud. And I have already tried being an insider but still no dice.

18 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

But my machine is verified to work with the update. Explain that one dere bud. And I have already tried being an insider but still no dice.

Ok, well how did you verify if Windows tells you not at the moment?

Keep in mind that Windows 10 upgrade process looks at everything on your system.

• Hardware
  • Peripherals
  • Drivers and its versions
  • Programs you have installed (including security software)
  • Games (keep in mind of Anti-Cheat Systems)
  • Services

Now, you may force the upgrade via Media Creation Tool, sure. But you'll get what you get. 

Or you can clean install Windows 10, and that will force you to have the latest drivers and if you download all your programs, they will be the latest versions and might not have issues as a result. Or if your problem is Security Software like anti-virus, where the issue is with it freaking out when the upgrade takes place (has happened in the past. From memory: Avast, and Norton.. maybe others, but I don't recall on the top of my head), you'll be by-passing it, and you should be good to go.

@Dimondminer11 here is the solution for you in the blunt most way for you;

Patience.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 7/1/2020 at 11:34 AM, GoodBytes said:

Ok, well how did you verify if Windows tells you not at the moment?

Keep in mind that Windows 10 upgrade process looks at everything on your system.

• Hardware
  • Peripherals
  • Drivers and its versions
  • Programs you have installed (including security software)
  • Games (keep in mind of Anti-Cheat Systems)
  • Services

Now, you may force the upgrade via Media Creation Tool, sure. But you'll get what you get. 

Or you can clean install Windows 10, and that will force you to have the latest drivers and if you download all your programs, they will be the latest versions and might not have issues as a result. Or if your problem is Security Software like anti-virus, where the issue is with it freaking out when the upgrade takes place (has happened in the past. From memory: Avast, and Norton.. maybe others, but I don't recall on the top of my head), you'll be by-passing it, and you should be good to go.

It is verified according to DELL THEMSELVES BUD

Are you on the latest graphics drivers?? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

On 7/3/2020 at 7:30 PM, Dimondminer11 said:

It is verified according to DELL THEMSELVES BUD

Turn off Secure Boot in BIOS if it's on. That's a classic silent W10 update ruiner. Also, how much free space is there on your C drive?