Dell XPS battery draining quickly

I know this may not be the best place to post this, but I honestly do not know where else to turn. Within the past two months, I have been noticing that my dell xps 9570's average battery life has dropped considerably from 8-9 hours on a full charge to around 2-3 hours on a full charge, this even occurring when the computer is idle or when I am using a web browser. During this time span, I have reinstalled drivers, installed a new battery, installed a new heatsink and fans due to the computer initially overheating on idle, stopped background app processes, and have checked task manager to see what apps were using too much power to no avail. Recently, I even sent the computer into the advanced resolution center at dell to see if they could figure out what the issue was, and all they did was replace the battery (again) and cables connect the motherboard to the battery and dc jack. One thing I will note is that I did also have the motherboard replaced in this computer due to a defective stock motherboard, and I have installed a 2 TB WD Black SN750 ssd since I have some storage needs, but regardless, the battery drainage issue happened roughly two months after I had replaced the ssd and motherboard. I am assuming at this point that there is a software issue, but I cannot seem to find a culprit program causing the issues. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do, I would really appreciate it, since I am at my wits end at the moment. According to a recent battery report I have generated, the battery has the full design capacity, but the battery charge only lasts about 2-3 hours.

By the way, the specs on my laptop are as follows:

4K IPS display, 32 GB ram, 2 TB WD Black SN750 ssd, Intel UHD 630  integrated graphics, 1050 Ti-MaxQ GPU, and an Intel AX200 wifi card. I also have windows 10 installed.

5 minutes ago, sseehra141 said:

I know this may not be the best place to post this, but I honestly do not know where else to turn. Within the past two months, I have been noticing that my dell xps 9570's average battery life has dropped considerably from 8-9 hours on a full charge to around 2-3 hours on a full charge, this even occurring when the computer is idle or when I am using a web browser. During this time span, I have reinstalled drivers, installed a new battery, installed a new heatsink and fans due to the computer initially overheating on idle, stopped background app processes, and have checked task manager to see what apps were using too much power to no avail. Recently, I even sent the computer into the advanced resolution center at dell to see if they could figure out what the issue was, and all they did was replace the battery (again) and cables connect the motherboard to the battery and dc jack. One thing I will note is that I did also have the motherboard replaced in this computer due to a defective stock motherboard, and I have installed a 2 TB WD Black SN750 ssd since I have some storage needs, but regardless, the battery drainage issue happened roughly two months after I had replaced the ssd and motherboard. I am assuming at this point that there is a software issue, but I cannot seem to find a culprit program causing the issues. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do, I would really appreciate it, since I am at my wits end at the moment. 

By the way, the specs on my laptop are as follows:

4K IPS display, 32 GB ram, 2 TB WD Black SN750 ssd, Intel UHD 630  integrated graphics, 1050 Ti-MaxQ GPU, and an Intel AX200 wifi card. I also have windows 10 installed.

Most likely what is happening is that some software that is installed on the computer is using the 1050 while on battery which will drain the battery VERY quickly vs just using the integrated graphics.

@Dimondminer11 Thank you for your response. How would I go about finding out what program is using my NVIDIA graphics card? The reason I ask is because according to task manager the GPU utilization for the NVIDIA graphics card is 0 percent. The integrated graphics is also 0 percent utilization on idle as well.

2 minutes ago, sseehra141 said:

@Dimondminer11 Thank you for your response. How would I go about finding out what program is using my NVIDIA graphics card? The reason I ask is because according to task manager the GPU utilization for the NVIDIA graphics card is 0 percent. The integrated graphics is also 0 percent utilization on idle as well.

In task manager you want to go to the processes tab and hover over and right click on one of the utilisation tabs and click gpu engine. Then click it twice to see what program is using the 1050 (usually stated as GPU 1 in task manager. the iGPU is GPU 0)

2 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

In task manager you want to go to the processes tab and hover over and right click on one of the utilisation tabs and click gpu engine. Then click it twice to see what program is using the 1050 (usually stated as GPU 1 in task manager. the iGPU is GPU 0)

I just checked that and there is no process listed under GPU 1 (the 1050 Ti). I am really stumped. One thing I was wondering is that before my battery issues, I had my motherboard replaced due to an issue with the stock motherboard in the computer, and I also cloned my data on my old ssd onto the 2 TB ssd I listed above. Could any of these be causing my issue

1 minute ago, sseehra141 said:

I just checked that and there is no process listed under GPU 1 (the 1050 Ti). I am really stumped. One thing I was wondering is that before my battery issues, I had my motherboard replaced due to an issue with the stock motherboard in the computer, and I also cloned my data on my old ssd onto the 2 TB ssd I listed above. Could any of these be causing my issue

Maybe. What you could try doing is resetting windows and reinstalling your programs. Or it could also be that your power settings in control panel are set to high performance instead of balanced.

38 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Maybe. What you could try doing is resetting windows and reinstalling your programs. Or it could also be that your power settings in control panel are set to high performance instead of balanced.

At this point I probably should just reinstall windows. My power plan is already set to the default dell power plan, which is basically just the balanced power plan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just as an update. The windows reinstall did not help my issue with the battery life and so Dell actually exchanged my XPS 9570 with the newer 7590. So far the battery life has been really good, ranging between 9-10 hours of battery life under normal use. Thanks again to everyone in this thread that helped me out. I really appreciate it.