Recommend me a cpu

Recommend me a cheap/budget CPU for LGA 1155 socket. Is it a good socket btw?

We don't know what you'll be using it for, or what hardware you'll be combining it with. Please be more specific.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Good for what?
The best you can get on LGA 1155 is the 3770K and some Xeons, though those are also 4C/8T.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

What do you mean "is it a good socket"? Are you planning a build with it? If so, DON'T buy a 1151 motherboard. You might get great value with it now, but upgrading will cost you so much more, since the latest CPU that fits on the socket is a i7 3770K (and a couple server processors), and if you want to upgrade you'll need a new motherboard, a new CPU, and new RAM (since almost all modern motherboards run DDR4 RAM).

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

4 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

What do you mean "is it a good socket"? Are you planning a build with it? If so, DON'T buy a 1151 motherboard. You might get great value with it now, but upgrading will cost you so much more, since the latest CPU that fits on the socket is a i7 3770K (and a couple server processors), and if you want to upgrade you'll need a new motherboard, a new CPU, and new RAM (since almost all modern motherboards run DDR4 RAM).

I mean is it good for upgrading. Like if I were to build a gaming PC rnow could I upgrade it for a year or somethin so I don't fall behins. And this motherboard supports only DDR3 ram but that's fine for me.

14 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Good for what?
The best you can get on LGA 1155 is the 3770K and some Xeons, though those are also 4C/8T.

For gaming.

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

We don't know what you'll be using it for, or what hardware you'll be combining it with. Please be more specific.

I don't know either. Currently I only have the motherboard and the cooler that's why I asked what cpu is good. Also I am planning to get a GTX 1050 Ti or a 750 Ti or a RX 570

10 minutes ago, highrusher said:

I don't know either. Currently I only have the motherboard and the cooler that's why I asked what cpu is good. Also I am planning to get a GTX 1050 Ti or a 750 Ti or a RX 570

for gaming, the i7-2600 is what you'd want

mind you, not every 1155 motherboard is created equal, it's always important for you to specify exactly what you have. Q67 express motherboards, for example, are not compatible with 3rd gen CPUs, or the i7-2700K.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

for gaming, the i7-2600 is what you'd want

mind you, not every 1155 motherboard is created equal, it's always important for you to specify exactly what you have. Q67 express motherboards, for example, are not compatible with 3rd gen CPUs, or the i7-2700K.

okay lets say I'd get the i7 2600, which GPU do I get to go with that CPU

9 minutes ago, highrusher said:

okay lets say I'd get the i7 2600, which GPU do I get to go with that CPU

reasonably you can pair an RX 570 with it for most modern games, depends on what you want to play though

Primary PC:

4 hours ago, highrusher said:

I mean is it good for upgrading. Like if I were to build a gaming PC rnow could I upgrade it for a year or somethin so I don't fall behins. And this motherboard supports only DDR3 ram but that's fine for me.

You couldn't really upgrade it. It still only supports 8 year-old CPUs, and in a year, that'll become 9. If you want to expand your system in a year, you should get a modern socket, like AM4 or LGA1151. The issue with only supporting DDR3 RAM is that modern motherboards only work with DDR4, so you'd end up spending more upgrading than you saved being on an older platform.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website