Will turning off hyperthreading improve fps?!

BeornBear

Will turning of hyperthreading improve gaming performance and increase fps?! I have an Intel I7-3770 with Geforce GT 1030, 16 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM, 256 GB SSD and 1 TB Sata HD. 

No.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

In specific titles, maybe. Tho generally speaking, its tiny gains if there is any at all. 

Also it wont help you at all. The gt 1030 is the limiting factor here.

Finding a GPU that's not a GT1030 will increase your fps.

Turning off hyperthreading will most likely just reduce fps by introducing more stuttering as 4 thread cpus are a bottleneck in newer titles when the only redeeming quality of the older i7's still is that they had hyperthreading.

Do you have any other reccommendations on improving fps without graphic card upgrade?! I have a 60 hertz monitor. Most of my games reach 60 fps at 1080p. I mainly have issues with Jedi Fallen Order which I get 30 fps at 1080 or 45-60 fps at 720p. My OS is on the ssd and games on sata harddrive. I do not expect a high increase in performance my moving the files to the ssd. 

6 minutes ago, BeornBear said:

improving fps without graphic card upgrade

Lower resolution to 720p or set resolution scaling to 50% or between 50 to 100%. 

Because assuming you have any decent PSU. You might be able to gain performance and money by flipping the gt 1030 for a hd 7950/7970. 

The power supply will only support up to Geforce Gt 1650 that only uses power from the PCI Express slot.

15 minutes ago, BeornBear said:

The power supply will only support up to Geforce Gt 1650 that only uses power from the PCI Express slot.

I mean, if you have the money for a gtx 1650. Might want to get a PSU+GPU instead to allow for more akd better options. 

Unless you are stuck with a proprietary connector. 

My system is a Ciara Discover. The PSU is standard with the prebuild system. I would prefer to improve performance with my current setup. If I would spend money on a PSU and GPU, it would be better to purchase a new system!! I only have issues with one game. Beyond that, I can obtain suficient performance. I would like to squeeze more fps as it. 

Will the next generation of GPUs later on this year, I am hoping for a good sale on a Geforce GTX 1650. For now, I would like to tweek performance boosts.