Good TV for 3800 euro's

Cedri

I'm looking for a tv for around 3800 euro's. I am planning on putting it in the living room where there is medium-high lighting but there are curtains. I don't know a lot about tv just that oled is a good technology, I hope you guys can help me out! 

Thanks in advance.

Go to rtings.com and read reviews, they have very detailed and scientific testing.

I would recommend samsung or LG.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i recently got the Samsung Frame 55". i've ben very happy with it, and even with the sun shining on it directly it's still very visible.

it's only about 1300 euro's tough, so i guess you're not really looking in this pricepoint. still tough, i can highly recommend this thing to anyone.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Go to rtings.com and read reviews, they have very detailed and scientific testing.

I would recommend samsung or LG.

You recommend oled or qled?

1 minute ago, Cedri said:

You recommend oled or qled?

If you're just using it as a TV, OLED.

If you want to use it with a PC or gaming console then not OLED.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

If you're just using it as a TV, OLED.

If you want to use it with a PC or gaming console then not OLED.

Maybe in the future the ps5 but mainly just watching movies and series

2 minutes ago, Cedri said:

Maybe in the future the ps5 but mainly just watching movies and series

If your budget is that big then sure go with OLED.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

If your budget is that big then sure go with OLED.

You recommend a specific model?

I would go with the lg cx series. Pretty much the best tv feature wise on the market right now. It only gets 600-700 nitts Brightness, so if you’re an hdr snob then you might want something that reaches 1000. The trade off is, most 1000 nitt screens are leds instead of OLEDs so you sacrifice the black levels.

Just now, Sorenson said:

I would go with the lg cx series. Pretty much the best tv feature wise on the market right now. It only gets 600-700 nitts Brightness, so if you’re an hdr snob then you might want something that reaches 1000. The trade off is, most 1000 nitt screens are leds instead of OLEDs so you sacrifice the black levels.

So the cx series is best for my budget? 

2 minutes ago, Cedri said:

You recommend a specific model?

One the the LG ones with a good rtings.com review.

Maybe choose the size you want first.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

One the the LG ones with a good rtings.com review.

Maybe choose the size you want first.

65 inch

4 minutes ago, Cedri said:

So the cx series is best for my budget? 

I think they’re the best tv in the market. It’s actually under your budget I believe. Once you go over ~2k you’re kind of getting diminishing returns for your money. 

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

I think they’re the best tv in the market. It’s actually under your budget I believe. Once you go over ~2k you’re kind of getting diminishing returns for your money. 

So cx will be best? And the light will not mess the tv up? 6 windows all surrounding.

65 inch

Maybe something like this https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-OLED65GXPUA

Spoiler

No other recommendations? I don't have to spend 3,8k. If there is a cheaper one that is almost the same it is fine for me

Read the rtings reviews then, you can find cheaper options for less than 2k that are still good.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Read the rtings reviews then, you can find cheaper options for less than 2k that are still good.

They didn't review the x line up. Just the cx. You know some information about gx and other? Are they any good?

6 minutes ago, Cedri said:

They didn't review the x line up. Just the cx. You know some information about gx and other? Are they any good?

It’s the same panel pretty much as the c9. They processing has been updated a bit.

rtings says that e9 and a9g are very good. Which one is the best?

1 hour ago, Cedri said:

I'm looking for a tv for around 3800 euro's. I am planning on putting it in the living room where there is medium-high lighting but there are curtains. I don't know a lot about tv just that oled is a good technology, I hope you guys can help me out! 

Thanks in advance.

3,800 euro .

Any of LGs OLEDs in what ever size u like.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

3,800 euro .

Any of LGs OLEDs in what ever size u like.

what about sony a9g?

Just now, Cedri said:

what about sony a9g?

Also a fine choice, there are some subtle differences. rtings has them reviewed so do take a look there, as does HDTVtest youtube channel.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Also a fine choice, there are some subtle differences. rtings has them reviewed so do take a look there, as does HDTVtest youtube channel.

So the e9 will be best? 

Just now, Cedri said:

So the e9 will be best? 

Twas just an example vid. Im not saying u have to choose between the e9 and A9G specifically.

The X (10) series is out now from LG so u should look at those as well as newer models from Sony.

Everything u need to know to make a decision is in rtings reviews, and for a video style overview hdtvtest is fine to look through.