Casing Reinforcement?

Baseal13

I'm looking to purchase a top-tier high end gaming Laptop like this one.

https://www.newegg.com/matte-black-msi-gs75-stealth-10sgs-027-gaming-entertainment/p/2WC-000C-01894

However the reviews are saying that the casing is super flimsy. Which is keeping me from making the purchase.

I tried looking around for an MSI Raider with the same specs ( 10th gen i9 with a 2080 Super Max-Q), however it doesn't seem to exist. The MSI Raider has the durability that I'm looking for when compared to the MSI Stealth. However it doesn't have the GPU customization option that I'm looking for.

So I'm trying to find out if there's a durability enhancing case for the casing of the MSI Stealth so that I can get what I'm looking for.

Otherwise I might have to wait around 6-8 months for a newer laptop build to come out.

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Baseal13 said:

So I'm trying to find out if there's a durability enhancing case for the casing of the MSI Stealth so that I can get what I'm looking for.

There isn't and existing solution unless you design and fabricate a shell that goes on top of it or replaces it. Laptops, especially newer ones, are not very receptive to DIY approaches. This is also something that if you do not have the engineering skills or the funds you will not create something worth using.

Additionally, you don't have the laptop in hand so how do you know its actually "flimsy"? Flimsy is subjective, what is solid for one person is flimsy to another. Does it deflect in a certain direction, is there odd loading, etc?

15 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

There isn't and existing solution unless you design and fabricate a shell that goes on top of it or replaces it. Laptops, especially newer ones, are not very receptive to DIY approaches. This is also something that if you do not have the engineering skills or the funds you will not create something worth using.

Additionally, you don't have the laptop in hand so how do you know its actually "flimsy"? Flimsy is subjective, what is solid for one person is flimsy to another. Does it deflect in a certain direction, is there odd loading, etc?

All of the reviews that I read that mentioned it being flimsy said that the case around the screen flexes really easily, and the casing for the base bends inward too much.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, Baseal13 said:

All of the reviews that I read that mentioned it being flimsy said that the case around the screen flexes really easily, and the casing for the base bends inward too much.

There isn't really an elegant way to strength the frame of the screen unless you want to take it apart, and manufacture a custom part/frame that is stiffer while trying to keep the form factor. 

Only other way really to stiffen would be to adhere a some thick aluminum plate to the whole top case to stiffen it but that is less than appealing. 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:53 PM, W-L said:

There isn't really an elegant way to strength the frame of the screen unless you want to take it apart, and manufacture a custom part/frame that is stiffer while trying to keep the form factor. 

Only other way really to stiffen would be to adhere a some thick aluminum plate to the whole top case to stiffen it but that is less than appealing. 

Yeah I agree.

I think I'm going to end up going with the MSI Raider over the MSI Stealth.

Firstly because of the Raiders durability, and secondly because apparently the Super in the Raider is more powerful than the Super Max-Q in the Stealth.