Why is my CPU under performing a bit?

So I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x and I tested CSGO since its a CPU heavy game at all max settings and 1440p. I get usually in the 200s - 300s but thats not my concern. My concern is that at certain parts like mirage bombsite A I can get drops into the 100s for framerate which goes close or maybe even below my refresh rate (165 Hz). Is this normal for my cpu?

Rest of the system? Sounds like you either

A - have slow RAM
B - are running off a Hard Drive and not an SSD
C - have a funky GPU driver issue
D - have GeForce Experience installed
E - all of the above

what gpu do you have? can you monitor temperatures of cpu and gpu and utilisations? what motherboard do you have? what ram do you have? is the ram installed in slots 2 and 4 and xmp enabled in bios? do you have the latest bios? do you have the latest drivers?

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

A - have slow RAM
E - all of the above

I dont have slow ram and I might be running off a Hard Drive. ANd I do have Geforce experience installed but i didnt know that lowers fps.

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

A - have slow RAM
E - all of the above

I have a 2080 super and Trident 16 Gb of ram 3600MHz and CL16

Just now, StunnaFan said:

I dont have slow ram and I might be running off a Hard Drive. ANd I do have Geforce experience installed but i didnt know that lowers fps.

Change the game's location to an SSD and DDU the drivers. Install a clean set of drivers without GFE - it's a very broken piece of bloatware that causes all sorts of random issues.

Also, update your BIOS and Chipset drivers.

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what gpu do you have? can you monitor temperatures of cpu and gpu and utilisations? what motherboard do you have? what ram do you have? is the ram installed in slots 2 and 4 and xmp enabled in bios? do you have the latest bios? do you have the latest drivers?

I have a 2080 super. My temps are in the 50s range on CSGO. I have a B450 TTomahawk max motherboard and 16 Gb  3600MHz Cl 16 ram

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Change the game's location to an SSD and DDU the drivers. Install a clean set of drivers without GFE - it's a very broken piece of bloatware that causes all sorts of random issues.

Also, update your BIOS and Chipset drivers.

How do I change download location to SSD? And how can I update drivers to my graphics card without Geforce experience? is that just in the settings where i can update audio drivers? 

Make sure Multicore Rendering is enabled in the game's settings.

If you're running two memory sticks, make sure they're in DIMM slots 2 and 4 on the motherboard, and enable XMP if you haven't already.

After the last patch on CS:GO I've also noticed quite a bit lower framerates in places too, so it could also be related to the game and not your hardware.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, StunnaFan said:

How do I change download location to SSD? And how can I update drivers to my graphics card without Geforce experience? is that just in the settings where i can update audio drivers? 

you can download drivers from nvidia without the geforce experience. as for location, you should be do that from steam, by going into the game's option in the library

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove them and install a clean set. Also never use GeFirce Experience to auto update drivers as it is the fastest way to make a software mess. Like I said, it's very very broken in most cases and causes random issues. 

As for moving the game install, do you have an SSD?

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Make sure Multicore Rendering is enabled in the game's settings.

If you're running two memory sticks, make sure they're in DIMM slots 2 and 4 on the motherboard, and enable XMP if you haven't already.

After the last patch on CS:GO I've also noticed quite a bit lower framerates in places too, so it could also be related to the game and not your hardware.

ah ok thanks where do you notice the fps drops? My ram is installed correctly 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove them and install a clean set. Also never use GeFirce Experience to auto update drivers as it is the fastest way to make a software mess. Like I said, it's very very broken in most cases and causes random issues. 

As for moving the game install, do you have an SSD?

yes i have an ssd i believe

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

you can download drivers from nvidia without the geforce experience. as for location, you should be do that from steam, by going into the game's option in the library

where should I update drivers?

3 minutes ago, StunnaFan said:

ah ok thanks where do you notice the fps drops? My ram is installed correctly 

Can't recall exactly but I think I've had it happen on Mirage too, dropped to around 150FPS but only for a second or two.

Either way, as suggested above I'd move the game onto an SSD. You can do it through Steam directly in the game's properties, so you don't have to reinstall it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Ok thanks 

Everything that was said above and 

Make sure your ram is actually running at 3600 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Everything that was said above and 

Make sure your ram is actually running at 3600 

My ram is running at 3600MHz

25 minutes ago, StunnaFan said:

16 Gb  3600MHz Cl 16 ram

Did you enable XMP/DOCP in bios to set your memory to 3600mhz? If you didn't it will be running at 2133mhz.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Did you enable XMP/DOCP in bios to set your memory to 3600mhz? If you didn't it will be running at 2133mhz.

ill check in a bit

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

because i may of solved the issue. I think i redirected my download to an SSD 

39 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Can't recall exactly but I think I've had it happen on Mirage too, dropped to around 150FPS but only for a second or two.

Either way, as suggested above I'd move the game onto an SSD. You can do it through Steam directly in the game's properties, so you don't have to reinstall it.

Do you have all settings on max?

4 minutes ago, StunnaFan said:

Do you have all settings on max?

Textures and Shaders on high with 2x MSAA, other than that I've got everything on low iirc

20 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Textures and Shaders on high with 2x MSAA, other than that I've got everything on low iirc

does dips in fps to the 100s when theres alot of smoke and players or something sound normal on certain parts of maps? I play on all max settings.