Wifi Antennas causing problems

coneil3822

Hello I have and MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Mobo and when I put the WiFi antennas on the internet speeds becomes very very slow, almost unusable. I've been trying to adjust them and position them better but I get no improvement. When I take off the antennas the WiFi is faster. The antennas was working great before and I was getting download speeds of 15-20 MB/s but now without them its 1-2 MB/s.

More without than with is strange.  Bad antennas maybe?  Interference from out side sources? Change in protocol used? (That would involve some hardware change)

there are many types of antennas. Some are vastly more directional than others.  Stick antennas are omnidirectional.  Antennas can be plate (goes in just one direction or even extremely focused like yagis or cantennas. (Cantennas are cute btw.  They’re made of Pringle’s cans and hardware parts)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Have you tried updating your drivers for your WiFi NIC? It doesn't really make sense how you would get worse speeds with antennas vs without so all I could think of is maybe something software related.