Quick Question: PSU wire length for Middle Tower

Lutzkhie
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

It was just a generic one - temporarily

If you're buying a different power supply then you shouldn't have much issue with cable length from ATX power supplies in that case. If you're really concerned you could use a piece of string to measure out the distance from where the power supply would be to where the cable would go in the case to find the minimum length that the cable needs to be and check on the product specifications page for the power supplies or in reviews for the unit to check the length of the cables that come with the power supply.

I have a Deepcool Matrexx 70 middle tower case specs are found here, I built my first PC but I re-used the PSU from my other PC and I noticed that the PSU wires are not reaching the motherboard's sockets and etc...
I was wondering what should fit for this case and what would you recommend. Thank you

6 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

I re-used the PSU from my other PC

What power supply is it?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

What power supply is it?

1 minute ago, Lutzkhie said:

If you're buying a different power supply then you shouldn't have much issue with cable length from ATX power supplies in that case. If you're really concerned you could use a piece of string to measure out the distance from where the power supply would be to where the cable would go in the case to find the minimum length that the cable needs to be and check on the product specifications page for the power supplies or in reviews for the unit to check the length of the cables that come with the power supply.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450