why dont people talk about this :/

ive been on this forum for a while and ive never see this psu ever pop up on a thread whatsoever. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/Vengeance-Series/p/CP-9020175-NA

its a semi modular power supply, with an 80+ silver rating, cheaper than the RM series, and doesnt even cost that much. HECK ITS IN THE MULTIRAIL A TIER ON THE PSU TIER LIST, WITH POINTS FOR SILENCE!

i can find this psu here for about 6500 INR which is about 85$. it seems like a very good deal to me.

so why dont people talk about it?

Capture.PNG.357d6b5cef9356b137323c774ba44589.PNG

😕

Just now, seon123 said:

Why would anyone talk about any particular PSU...?

i dont see it pop up on build recommendations  and stuff

😕

Just now, yaboistar said:

to me it's just a TXM psu with a "G A M E R" name on it and a lower energy efficiency.

yeah, but when shopping on a budget a bronze rating is the one people most often find. so i dont know why its so uncommon lol.

the CX650 goes for the same price here, same with the CM MWE

😕

Dont think the Corsair website is included on PCPP so that price probably doesnt show up for most people

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Just now, marmour said:

Dont think the Corsair website is included on PCPP so that price probably doesnt show up for most people

it is lol, if you click the hyperlink on the psu tier list the PCPP link shows up.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/n4bwrH/corsair-vengeance-650-w-80-silver-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020175-na

priced at $84.90

😕

Can't seem to find it in stock on US websites or the European websites I visited.

Probably an older unit I suppose.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

it is lol, if you click the hyperlink on the psu tier list the PCPP link shows up.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/n4bwrH/corsair-vengeance-650-w-80-silver-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020175-na

priced at $84.90

yes, but when you search on PCPP the price doesnt show because its out of stock

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

2 minutes ago, marmour said:

yes, but when you search on PCPP the price doesnt show because its out of stock

bumbum.thumb.PNG.217355b5cc0e99ec32daa0e9a6414165.PNG

it is out of stock, but the pricing is there lol. it has to be available outside of PCPP isnt it

i am mega confusion

😕

6 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

-snip-

it is out of stock, but the pricing is there lol. it has to be available outside of PCPP isnt it

i am mega confusion

That's PCPP being PCPP. Sometimes it still shows a price even though its OOS, sometimes it will show it's OOS while it actually has a price and a valid link with inventory.

image.png.88525c3c9d3d0d3d4bb86be8ea27814a.png

If I had to guess, @jonnyGURU will tell you that it was either discontinued due to poor sales, or was targeted to a specific market (China, Malaysia, Australia, etc) so some countries dont show much stock at all. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, yaboistar said:

to me it's just a TXM psu with a "G A M E R" name on it and a lower energy efficiency.

That's... completely wrong.  LOL!

Vengeance Silver is an HEC platform.  TX-M is Great Wall.  Though they are both LLC with DC to DC.

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

That's PCPP being PCPP. Sometimes it still shows a price even though its OOS, sometimes it will show it's OOS while it actually has a price and a valid link with inventory.

If I had to guess, @jonnyGURU will tell you that it was either discontinued due to poor sales, or was targeted to a specific market (China, Malaysia, Australia, etc) so some countries dont show much stock at all. 

No.  It's just stupid people.  LOL!

"Silver" is a gray area for 80 PLUS (a shiny shade of gray).  Sales requested something between Bronze and Gold and then failed to actually pitch it to any of their customers.

Then the whole tariff, COVID-19, etc. situations and that put Vengeance in the same situation as everyone else.  Can't build and ship PSUs fast enough to fill back log.

I will say that the Vengeance Silver is getting a refresh in a couple months with some added features that might help it move better.  This time we're listing it as 80 PLUS Bronze because some of the features require DC power that reduce it's efficiency slightly, even though 80 PLUS got back to us last week and said it passed Silver again with flying colors.

We have review samples going out in a couple weeks.  So you guys will get to see what's going on pretty soon.

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's... completely wrong.  LOL!

Vengeance Silver is an HEC platform.  TX-M is Great Wall.  Though they are both LLC with DC to DC.

No.  It's just stupid people.  LOL!

"Silver" is a gray area for 80 PLUS (a shiny shade of gray).  Sales requested something between Bronze and Gold and then failed to actually pitch it to any of their customers.

Then the whole tariff, COVID-19, etc. situations and that put Vengeance in the same situation as everyone else.  Can't build and ship PSUs fast enough to fill back log.

I will say that the Vengeance Silver is getting a refresh in a couple months with some added features that might help it move better.  This time we're listing it as 80 PLUS Bronze because some of the features require DC power that reduce it's efficiency slightly, even though 80 PLUS got back to us last week and said it passed Silver again with flying colors.

We have review samples going out in a couple weeks.  So you guys will get to see what's going on pretty soon.

9 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

so we can expect the vengeance silver to get back in stock soon? will it be priced the same? coz its a great budget option :3

because its available here to purchase in india, albeit at a higher cost than usual, at 115$

😕

26 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

so we can expect the vengeance silver to get back in stock soon? will it be priced the same? coz its a great budget option :3

because its available here to purchase in india, albeit at a higher cost than usual, at 115$

It should be back in stock soon.  HEC is doing whatever they can to fill back order since the COVID fiasco.  They're actually doing a lot better than CWT (HEC has multiple factories with more lines in each).  Whether or not they're going to be the same price is totally up to the retailers.  Corsair is selling to them at the same price, but if they want to take advantage of it being available versus the RM not being available, they may jack the price up to what the RM was at.  Corsair has no control over that.

6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

It should be back in stock soon.  HEC is doing whatever they can to fill back order since the COVID fiasco.  They're actually doing a lot better than CWT (HEC has multiple factories with more lines in each).  Whether or not they're going to be the same price is totally up to the retailers.  Corsair is selling to them at the same price, but if they want to take advantage of it being available versus the RM not being available, they may jack the price up to what the RM was at.  Corsair has no control over that.

oh ok lmao, i hope its priced cheaper or at the same price as the TX series lmao.

thanks anyway

ps, sorrry im dumb whats CWT and HEC?

😕

1 hour ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

oh ok lmao, i hope its priced cheaper or at the same price as the TX series lmao.

thanks anyway

ps, sorrry im dumb whats CWT and HEC?

Some of Corsair's PSUs are built by CWT.  Some by HEC. Some by Seasonic.  Some by Great Wall.  Some by Flextronics....

Very few companies have their own factories.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Some of Corsair's PSUs are built by CWT.  Some by HEC. Some by Seasonic.  Some by Great Wall.  Some by Flextronics....

Very few companies have their own factories.

ohh i see, thanks :)

😕