I'm so late on this, asking Nintendo Switch questions...

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by my question

I'm planning to buy a V2 Switch regardless of what the rumored Pro has, since the Pro doesn't have any rumors that's as clear as when someone makes leaks of the S20 or the PS5. And for that plan I'm new to the Nintendo guild as I've never owned any Nintendo console before

The reason I want to buy it are the games, Breath of the Wild to be exact and be able to share with my little sister with its noticably much improved battery than the V1. Huh it was great skipping the V1.

The bare V2 without any games costs $421 in my country, and with the BotW physical game card its $473. So what Im so late for is that, is the V2 already pre installed with Breath of the wild? Someone whoms'td've I asked for having a switch said to me it has been that way since march the 3rd 2020??? 

Also I would like to know how far the Nintendo Switch can be useful judging from the non game apps on it, other than Netflix which I dont use at all. And how is the youtube experience on it?

Thanks again everyone

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

It doesn't come with botw pre installed but a game cartridge if i remember correctly (i got mine back in 2017) The battery on the v2 is better (a relative has it) and i can say that it is a good purchase but $421 if your in the US is an insane price. In the UK the V2 is 275 in most stores so im gonna go ahead and im assuming your Canadian. The only problem i have with the switch is that the games that i find the most enjoyable and fun (the og Nintendo games that they made like oddesy and smash bros) do come at a high cost so i would make sure you are prepared to fork out the cash when you get bored of a game.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

A plain Nintendo Switch without any games comes without any games, while a Switch bundled with a BotW game card comes with a BotW game card.

There's also a Hulu app for Switch, and the Youtube experience is the same as the TV Youtube app.

Just now, Ed-petit said:

It doesn't come with botw pre installed but a game cartridge if i remember correctly (i got mine back in 2017) The battery on the v2 is better (a relative has it) and i can say that it is a good purchase but $421 if your in the US is an insane price. In the UK the V2 is 275 in most stores so im gonna go ahead and im assuming your Canadian. The only problem i have with the switch is that the games that i find the most enjoyable and fun (the og Nintendo games that they made like oddesy and smash bros) do come at a high cost so i would make sure you are prepared to fork out the cash when you get bored of a game.

Is it that small game cartridge? If so then great, but can that cartridge be used for installing the game to other switches as well?

Well 275 UK money huh, im at Indonesia. Its kinda the average prices here. But most of the people here dont really get into nintendo gaming as much so theres like 50 claimed by one of the seller i found online.

Oh also since one of the points of the switch is local multiplayer any games that are fun enough to have? Both from paid category and free

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

6 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Is it that small game cartridge? If so then great, but can that cartridge be used for installing the game to other switches as well?

Well 275 UK money huh, im at Indonesia. Its kinda the average prices here. But most of the people here dont really get into nintendo gaming as much so theres like 50 claimed by one of the seller i found online.

Oh also since one of the points of the switch is local multiplayer any games that are fun enough to have? Both from paid category and free

yes the cartridge is tiny and fits in to a pocket. It can be installed on other switches yes. The games are great fun for local multiplayer especially Mario kart and Mario party. Its Nintendos signature thing tbh. I would get it if you are comfortable with the price.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

7 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

A plain Nintendo Switch without any games comes without any games, while a Switch bundled with a BotW game card comes with a BotW game card.

There's also a Hulu app for Switch, and the Youtube experience is the same as the TV Youtube app.

So mostly other than gaming you have those online video services? How about mainstream social media? Say discord?

Ah well its easier to get the physical copy it seems to me. Not that I am not able to figure out how to do that in the eShop but just nice to have the physical copy, and yea just more convenient for the time. So I guess it is with the BotW bundle then.

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

4 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

yes the cartridge is tiny and fits in to a pocket. It can be installed on other switches yes. The games are great fun for local multiplayer especially Mario kart and Mario party. Its Nintendos signature thing tbh. I would get it if you are comfortable with the price.

Ahh man i remember playing the wii version with my buddy who has it back then... 

So the Mario Kart 8 has a local multiplayer huh, i didnt know that. That is one other game to get.

Also the $421 is really the plain regular V2 switch package without any game bundles, so i have to get the game cards then? By the way there rarely are anyone who sells the game cards near me.

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

5 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Ahh man i remember playing the wii version with my buddy who has it back then... 

So the Mario Kart 8 has a local multiplayer huh, i didnt know that. That is one other game to get.

Also the $421 is really the plain regular V2 switch package without any game bundles, so i have to get the game cards then? By the way there rarely are anyone who sells the game cards near me.

you can buy them digitally on the e-shop on the switch. Bear in mind you pay a bit extra but its not that much.

1 minute ago, Ed-petit said:

you can buy them digitally on the e-shop on the switch. Bear in mind you pay a bit extra but its not that much.

Ah ok i got it. Right probably getting some extra joycons would help for the far times ahead. Thanks there for helping out!

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

47 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Cartridges don't install games onto the console. The Switch plays games directly from the cartridge, and if you thought that you can "install" a game from the cartridge onto the console, remove the cartridge, and keep playing it, then you can't do that. Physical games must be always inserted to play them. (You can still insert it into any different Switch and play it too).

On 6/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Ah ok i got it. Right probably getting some extra joycons would help for the far times ahead. Thanks there for helping out!

I would invest in the pro controller tbh, Joy Cons still have drift issues.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?