Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HephMiner

Just a quick question mid build

15 minutes ago, HephMiner said:

I’m trying to put my first pc together and I want to confirm which header I install the AIO pump into?

63DB0E75-E43E-4753-A938-B87502183063.jpeg

What motherboard is that? pics less helpful than I would hope.

C

I assume top right.

CPU.

It should say in your AIO manual though.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Your board/BIOS will complain about nothing plugged into the CPU fan header unless specificly set to ignore a missing CPU fan. Pump speed has little influence on cooling performance. Put the pump on the pump header - you can choose a fixed speed if you like. The radiator fans go into the CPU fan header - adjust the curve accordingly and if you can ramp up the delay before the fans go up or down in speed. Again: ramping up radiator fan speed will not immediately lead to lower CPU temps. You'll keep your water temps a bit lower, the impact on CPU temps is a lot smaller. That's one of the effects of water cooling: your CPU dumps its heat energy into the water, the water temps rise very slowly and vary usually only by a few degrees. The radiator transfers the heat energy to ambient. The effects on CPU temps are a lot slower and smaller on water than it is on air: temps rise slower and temps fall slower.