Inspiron 13-5378 Heat sink

Spoiled_Kitten

So i have an  Inspiron 13-5378 and it kept going to like 97 degrees after boot up and staying there, i was wondering why and the heat sink is tiny! Nearly as thick as a pen! Its insane it works. Thought i would share this with people, 

Scarlett

1670.jpeg

DSCPDC_0001_BURST20200629202029484_COVER.JPG_(1).jpg

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

Did you try replacing the stock thermal compound? Sometimes that can do wonders.

Also check what the CPU is doing in Windows. If anything is stressing it out at startup or if this is it's idle behavior.

2 hours ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

So i have an  Inspiron 13-5378 and it kept going to like 97 degrees after boot up and staying there, i was wondering why and the heat sink is tiny! Nearly as thick as a pen! Its insane it works. Thought i would share this with people, 

Scarlett

<snip>

Are you sharing or asking for some help?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Are you sharing or asking for some help?

Sharing, ive already upgraded the heat sink

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

3 hours ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

So i have an  Inspiron 13-5378 and it kept going to like 97 degrees after boot up and staying there, i was wondering why and the heat sink is tiny! Nearly as thick as a pen! Its insane it works

Isn't this proof that it doesn't work. 😜

34 minutes ago, Spoiled_Kitten said:

Sharing, ive already upgraded the heat sink

Probably better to post this as a Status update or in a Build log. 👍

-= Locked =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER