Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pixxel

2070s vs 2060s

do you need it now? then get the 2070 super. no need to get a second monitor.

do you not need it stepped now? wait for rtx 3000 so prices drop or you can buy that.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 5 2600x at 4.13 GHz all core               (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

31 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

do you need it now? then get the 2070 super. no need to get a second monitor.

do you not need it stepped now? wait for rtx 3000 so prices drop or you can buy that.

Yeah if I was looking to spend $500 on a gpu no way I'd buy right now since October or November we should have a decent chance of a $500 gpu that crushes the 2070 Super coming out. Only way I'd buy now if if you're only looking in the sub $300 range since those cards' replacements in the next-gen product stack are probably nearly a year out. Unless you don't have a gpu right now, then I guess you gotta buy now.

4 hours ago, Stockholmes said:

If I remember right that demo was actually done on a 2080ti but that should be close to the PS5 GPU in terms of power.

Nah it was officially confirmed to be done on a PS5.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Yeah if I was looking to spend $500 on a gpu no way I'd buy right now since October or November we should have a decent chance of a $500 gpu that crushes the 2070 Super coming out. Only way I'd buy now if if you're only looking in the sub $300 range since those cards' replacements in the next-gen product stack are probably nearly a year out. Unless you don't have a gpu right now, then I guess you gotta buy now.

exactly. no reason to buy now unless you reallly want it. now im happy with my 2070 super and it will do perfectly fine at 1440p. since im still not using its full power due to a slow cpu that i will replace with ryzen 4000 :) 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 5 2600x at 4.13 GHz all core               (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite