Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jae Tee

Laptop with decent screen and battery.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys. Looking for a laptop with decent screen and battery life. This is NOT to be used for gaming, and i'm not looking for a specific trim. More like a model that has difrent configs to chose from but with mostly the same peripherals. Looking to spend Below $500 USD on the used market (or a new 1 with a progressively higher price).

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Last gen XPS would be a good choice, 13 or 15, but finding a nice one under $500 might be a challenge. XPSs are fantastic though, they're some of the best built laptops on the market IMO.

ASU

Thanks, though I was really looking for a Ryzen 4000 option that isn't strictly for gaming. And the Zephyrus g14 is overkill for what im looking for.

6 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

Thanks, though I was really looking for a Ryzen 4000 option that isn't strictly for gaming. And the Zephyrus g14 is overkill for what im looking for.

I don't think you're going to find anything there. In my experience, just about any laptop that is less than $700-1000 new is kinda crap and will die in a year or two. If it doesn't die, it'll be falling apart due to the inferior materials.

ASU

11 hours ago, panzersharkcat said:

Refurb ThinkPad with an IPS display.

I'll look in to it thanks.

10 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I don't think you're going to find anything there. In my experience, just about any laptop that is less than $700-1000 new is kinda crap and will die in a year or two. If it doesn't die, it'll be falling apart due to the inferior materials.

Gotcha

Older Thinkpad T-models are very popular on the 2nd Hand market, because they are pretty much indestructible, upgradeable, and repairable.
But Models below the 8th Intel Generation will probably only have a Dual Core.

Look into the HP ProBook series with Intel or AMD, G6 generations. Fairly new, sometimes around 500 bucks even Brandnew. Very solid devices.
Or Thinkpad E480/490~ for example.

@Darkseth Thanks. Both thinkpads and probooks were already on my radar, but ill have a look at those versions.