Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GamerBlake

Question for “Metro” players & fans..

22 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

I Haven't played the third one yet, but I think there is a continuation of the story. But whether that story connects strongly to the previous parts, I can't say.

It definitely does but it is definitely the biggest deviation from the books. That is partially expected due to where the final book ended but they definitely took some big liberties. I'm fine with that though. It works well to move the game's story forward.

22 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

There's very little in the plot that you have to understand from previous games in order to enjoy this one, it spends the first few chapters rephrasing the worldview of Metro games in general.

I do agree that anyone can pick up Exodus and enjoy it because while the story is definitely connected to the previous games, they did a good job of telling a rather self contained story. So really it does a good job at offering new players something they can enjoy while still rewarding players who played previous games.

Personally though, I would recommend playing the first two games first. It makes the game much more rewarding. After playing through the dark and cramped Metro of the first two games, it feels like a real accomplishment to finally be out on the surface.

21 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

Well I mean I wasn’t sure if it was a trilogy or if it was three different stories seperate from each other in the same series. Like if none of the characters or stories overlap then they can be played in any order but if stuff overlaps or the stories are all part of one whole then I’d definitely do Metro, then Metro Last Light, then Metro Exodus.

There are definitely things that you understand right away if you have played the previous two games. The game makes most of what is going on clear but playing the first two gives you a lot more context.

And if you read/listened to all the books, you will definitely notice some inconsistencies right away. But like I said, I'm with that. It works for the game and even the author said he is totally fine with the games deviating from the source material.

Honestly, I would maybe consider reading the books first. I beat 2033 Redux and a couple levels of Last Light Redux before I stopped and listened to all three books. It actually made the games more enjoyable as I compared the story to the game. It didn't really spoil the games either since the games had their own versions of many events in the books.

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, jones177 said:

It may be because we are using different versions of the game. I don't play the Redux version but the original one. 

I did install the Redux version and it does play like you described.

SSAA at lower settings looks fine to me and x2 was around 105fps and 0.5 was 125fps and again I did not notice a difference. 

Apparently running SSAA at x4 like I was doing when I was getting ~70 FPS is the equivalent of playing at 8K in terms of processing power demand.

When I turned SSAA to OFF it jumped to like 215 FPS.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite. Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.