India bans 59 Chinese mobile apps including Tik Tok.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Funfact:- we guys hated tiktok months before China attacked our borders, I even made 2. Topics about we dropping the rating from 4.6 to 1.3(unfortunately Google deleted 9 million reviews)

the cancer and cringe was way too much. im so happy no one in india can make content on that app anymore

😕

9 hours ago, ouroesa said:

Yeah, not registering to read news articles. 

it's a free article on my side. or you can just watch the linked time coded youtube video in my original post 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

At least they didn't ban ya boi, Raid: Shadow Legends.

*gets hit by station wagon full of money*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

At least they didn't ban ya boi, Raid: Shadow Legends.

*gets hit by station wagon full of money*

Time Coded 1:08:18 - 1:09:24

Oh also edited this in @Trik'Stari

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Time Coded 1:08:18 - 1:09:24

-snip

Internet historian and Count Dankula both did amazingly bad (in a way that was hilarious) sponsor spots for Raid: Shadow Legends.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Internet historian and Count Dankula both did amazingly bad (in a way that was hilarious) sponsor spots for Raid: Shadow Legends.

couldn't find the count dankula one, can you link it? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

15 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

couldn't find the count dankula one, can you link it? 

Basically any of his videos last year, IIRC. He's done a bunch of them.

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Unfortunately Raid:Shadow legends will never be banned as it is developed in Israel.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

16 hours ago, williamcll said:

Unfortunately Raid:Shadow legends will never be banned as it is developed in Israel.

No need to be banned, nobody plays it, but it's a good way of earning for poor YouTubers

On 6/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, LAwLz said:

But India didn't remove these apps because of ads. They blocked it because it threatened the "sovereignty of India". In other words, India blocked these apps because they were a threat to the India political party in power. Probably because the apps are Chinese, and India and China are on very bad terms right now, killing and attacking each others soldiers over territories. 

To me it seems like India banned these apps because they are afraid they might be used to spread messages which could be seen as attacking the Indian government. 

And this is not me being a tinfoil-hat conspiracy theorist. It's the official explanation provided by India. 

India is basically China 2.0.

The statement says 'threat to sovereignty and security' not just ' sovereignty. India will never be China 2.0 we are a proud democracy and not an authoritarian dictatorship like China.

The current ruling party is never afraid of any criticism or negativity spread against it as most of it is spread through social media like YouTube, Facebook, Tweeter, WhatsApp, etc. which are not getting banned and sufficient negativity also spread through news channels and internet news portals which infact have grown since this new govt. came in power.

And India never attacked China or any other country and infact China has captured so much of Indian territory in the past but previous governments never took a strict retaliatory action in fear of straining relations with China but this government is not like those previous ones the current political leadership has given a strict message that we won't give a single inch of our territory to the Chinese or any other country and that's why the scuffle happened last month where both sides lost their soldiers.

And personally I'm not a big fan or supporter of this government either. I literally hate them for many things they do or did not do but on this Chinese issue they are doing all that they should do and can do. 

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

@huilun02 @Rohith_Kumar_Sp @SeAsOn3 @PoopThatTookAPee

You might want to look into political freedom and freedom of press in India if you believe it is a good situation. It isn't. India is ranked number 140 on the list of World Press Freedom Index. If you want some more concrete examples of what that means, countries such as Colombia, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Afghanistan, Nigeria are all seen as being more open and have more freedom for the press. The journalistic freedom in India is classified as very poor. Journalists critical of the government are being sentenced to prison (like this person, or this person) and the Indian government literally shut down telephone lines and Internet in regions of country for MONTHS during the Kashmir situation in order to stop people from reporting and talking about it.

If you don't think India is basically China 2.0 then sadly your oppressive government seems to have done a good job censoring the critical media.

https://rsf.org/en/india

Also, I'd appreciate if people didn't talk about how stupid I am and how they want to hit me for saying I don't like the India government dictating what apps can be installed on their citizens phones.

Edit:

It's hard to not get political when discussing one country targeting and censoring another country in this way.

Anyway, I think India has taken a look at how China has progressed in the last couple of years, in terms of economic power and growth and has gone "hey, we want a piece of that". So now their focus is on discrediting China as much as possible to gain nationalistic support for their anti-china actions, and to incentivize companies to move production out from China and into India.

I mean, it's not coincidence that the Indian government just happened to talk Apple into moving a large portion of their iPhone production to India, and that the government are also reaching out to other companies in order to try and persuade them into moving production to India, at the same time as the India government are banning Chinese made products and potentially escalating a war against China (the OP mentioned China killing 20 Indian soldiers, but fails to mention that India also seem to killed and injured 43 Chinese soldiers at the border).

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

You might want to look into political freedom and freedom of press in India if you believe it is a good situation. It isn't. India is ranked number 140 on the list of World Press Freedom Index. If you want some more concrete examples of what that means, countries such as Colombia, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Afghanistan, Nigeria are all seen as being more open and have more freedom for the press. The journalistic freedom in India is classified as very poor. Journalists critical of the government are being sentenced to prison (like this person, or this person) and the Indian government literally shut down telephone lines and Internet in regions of country for MONTHS during the Kashmir situation in order to stop people from reporting and talking about it.

If you don't think India is basically China 2.0 then sadly your oppressive government seems to have done a good job censoring the critical media.

again, you really don't have to remind of the happenings of my country, i know, but we're headed towards a fascist regime, we're not there yet as bad as china 2.0, you could put a lot of other countries before that, for one we dont hack our journalists in embassies. 

Spoiler

The world's largest democracy is heading toward modern-day fascism

Is India Beginning To Display Signs Of Deadly Fascism?

give this a watch 

safe to say our PM is a fucking moron. using patriotism and nationalism to gain votes. and harbouring RSS Hindu Terrorists. 

7zz7ef1o4pc41.jpg.4ab104286ad3c3540783f338267eeb62.jpg

when you start using taxpayers money to build statues no one needs . 

78891387_1534260623397476_2845258036501544960_n.jpg.92ecc609a872a0ca00a89a72c7bc8519.jpg
DH.thumb.JPG.0d14048fa753b0a6058061dde6e27eac.JPG
hn2aaydbxng41.thumb.jpg.5b73737fc2711651d1720c4a965baf07.jpg

and not give a single press conference in all of 6 years he's been the PM 

Trying to make India a Hindu nation by eliminating all minorities. 

cutting internet off everywhere to curb the informatiom

image.thumb.png.5ae605a5d6e932dac24147aea6f75905.png
https://www.change.org/p/stop-internet-shutdown-in-india-nonetbandi-narendramodi-rsprasad?fbclid=IwAR1DEn2HDjhXRFIEVItd9y3rkbEaw7gqmVE7HZsQeeLp80oEgEhdzo_uIQU

Excerpt by Ahsis Nandy from his interview with Modi in 1996

image.png.4e03db9ed9a570f5bd7d9723085739ed.png

Blood and Soil in Narendra Modi’s India

Attacking Journalists for covering the news 

Vandalising public property and blaming Muslims 

The origins of the RSS and its links to Nazism and fascism

It is honestly baffling how much we have allowed the normalization of the RSS, and what little attention is paid to the fact that the two key progenitors of this organisation, Golwalkar and Savarkar, openly admired Hitler and Mussolini. What makes this a lot worse is that the praise continued on into the late 1930s, when it was clear that Nazis were rounding up and persecuting Jews and other minorities. Unlike Bose, whose support was out of anti-colonialism, these people admired the ideology of the fascists.

Some quotes from Savarkar validate this:

"There is no reason to suppose that Hitler must be a human monster because he passes off as a Nazi, Nazism proved undeniably the savior of Germany."

"If we Hindus in India grow stronger, in time these Muslim friends of the League type will have to play the part of German-Jews instead."

“The very fact that Germany or Italy has so wonderfully recovered and grown so powerful as never before at the touch of Nazi or Fascist magical wand is enough to prove that those political ‘isms’ were the most congenial tonics their health demanded.”

A nation is formed by a majority living therein. What did the Jews do in Germany? They being in minority were driven out from Germany.”

This is from Golwalkar's book which was published in 1939:

"German race pride has now become the topic of the day. To keep up the purity of the race and its culture, Germany shocked the world by her purging the country of the Semitic Races - the Jews ... a good lesson for us in Hindustan for us to learn and profit by."

This is the same organisation which rules India by proxy, through various BJP leaders who were all RSS karyakartas at one point in their political careers. It is the Constitution and our democracy which prevents them from taking complete control, but they remain an existential threat to the idea of India. It is surprising how little most Indians know about this topic, and when you confront any garden variety sanghi/fascist with this information, they are quick to prevaricate and seek nuance, nuance not reserved while attacking and defaming their political rivals. Kejriwal's latest tweet is a classic example of this..

I have a lot more to vent on this issue, but I will cut this short. This is not the lame liberal anti-Modi type argument, it goes way beyond that, and few people realize its implications. Next time the BJP brings up Nehru and Indira and your obnoxious friend brings up the Congress' checkered history, do make it a point to bring this up. If history is what makes people decide who to vote for or not, then these facts deserve to be brought up in the public discourse as well.

Links for further reading:

https://www.ibtimes.com/hindu-nationalists-historical-links-nazism-fascism-214222

https://frontline.thehindu.com/static/html/fl1915/19151160.htm

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/gowalkar-savarkar-and-jews/220768

https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/foreign-hand-in-the-sangh-rss-hindu-society-muslims-christians-5117648/

https://indianexpress.com/article/research/vinayak-damodar-savarkar-135th-birth-anniversary-he-admired-hitler-and-other-lesser-known-facts-about-him-5194470/

https://www.newsclick.in/why-jaitley-needs-study-link-between-rss-and-fascism

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/hitlers-hindus-indias-nazi-loving-nationalists-on-the-rise-1.5628532

VD Savarkar, one of RSS' most venerable thought leaders, advocated using 'rape' as a political tool. He believed Muslim women should be raped to avenge the Muslim rule in India, centuries after said rule came to an end.

https://thewire.in/communalism/modi-should-remember-rape-is-also-a-weapon-of-ideology-and-savarkar-a-proponent

He basically pioneered the rabid bhakt rhetoric of today - 'Muslims of 2019 must pay for what 'allegedly' happened in the 14th, 15th & the 16th centuries.'

Savarkar is also, by the way, the 'Veer' who repeatedly begged the British Crown for clemency and advocated supporting the British by not participating in the Indian Freedom Struggle.

all points to fascism. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

On 7/5/2020 at 1:34 AM, LAwLz said:

Also, I'd appreciate if people didn't talk about how stupid I am and how they want to hit me for saying I don't like the India government dictating what apps can be installed on their citizens phones.

Edit:

It's hard to not get political when discussing one country targeting and censoring another country in this way.

Anyway, I think India has taken a look at how China has progressed in the last couple of years, in terms of economic power and growth and has gone "hey, we want a piece of that". So now their focus is on discrediting China as much as possible to gain nationalistic support for their anti-china actions, and to incentivize companies to move production out from China and into India.

I mean, it's not coincidence that the Indian government just happened to talk Apple into moving a large portion of their iPhone production to India, and that the government are also reaching out to other companies in order to try and persuade them into moving production to India, at the same time as the India government are banning Chinese made products and potentially escalating a war against China (the OP mentioned China killing 20 Indian soldiers, but fails to mention that India also seem to killed and injured 43 Chinese soldiers at the border).

We killed the Chinese in retaliatiory action. So what do you expect us to keep on getting killed ?

Come to India and criticise our religion and politicians and then do the same in Afghanistan and see what happens.

Next journalists in India have literally made a career by criticising the government and in some cases at the cost of national interests too. 

Those two journalists you mentioned were arrested in relation to some affiliation with terrorists and terrorism is one hell of a problem which India faces and it's a matter of national security and if you people view it as a matter of press freedom then it's your problem not ours.

Our big problem is that our governments have always been inefficient in conveying the side of India to the world and that's why you people have so much of a distorted view of India being a oppressive or facist state which is totally false. 

Regarding the suspension of internet services in Kashmir it was after the government abrogated the special status given to the region and that special status was one of the major reasons for the rise of terrorism in the region. And to maintain peace and law and order in the state the internet services had to be suspended so that people do not spread rumours of calls for violence. 

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

2 hours ago, vinit6694skr said:

Regarding the suspension of internet services in Kashmir it was after the government abrogated the special status given to the region and that special status was one of the major reasons for the rise of terrorism in the region. And to maintain peace and law and order in the state the internet services had to be suspended so that people do not spread rumours of calls for violence. 

Funny how in comparison 5G deployment just finished in XinJiang

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

How is this not locked yet

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 hours ago, vinit6694skr said:

We killed the Chinese in retaliatiory action. So what do you expect us to keep on getting killed ?

Come to India and criticise our religion and politicians and then do the same in Afghanistan and see what happens.

Next journalists in India have literally made a career by criticising the government and in some cases at the cost of national interests too. 

Those two journalists you mentioned were arrested in relation to some affiliation with terrorists and terrorism is one hell of a problem which India faces and it's a matter of national security and if you people view it as a matter of press freedom then it's your problem not ours.

Our big problem is that our governments have always been inefficient in conveying the side of India to the world and that's why you people have so much of a distorted view of India being a oppressive or facist state which is totally false. 

Yes I understand. 

The Indian government need the power to legally imprison journalists and shut down Internet in parts of the country with unrest because they need to be able to fight what they classify as terrorism and a threat for the greater good of the country. 

Totally not China 2.0.

(sarcasm)

Worth mentioning that the journalists the Indian government has classified as "glorifying terrorism" have gotten journalistic awards in other countries with greater journalistic freedom for their reporting. 

https://theprint.in/india/jailed-kashmiri-journalist-who-won-us-media-award-was-arrested-after-burhan-wani-profile/281597/

Also worth noting that, at least according to what I have read, Aasif did not glorify terrorism. He was merely reporting on what was actually happening and the Indian government did not like that. 

The problem here is that you give the Indian government a pass to do exactly what the Chinese government does, when I strongly believe no government should even have those powers to begin with. Why? Because they can very easily be abused. The government shouldn't be allowed to do things like shut down communication in parts of the country, no matter what their reasoning is, because they can and will paint the opposition as the bad side and themselves as the saviors, even if that's a complete lie. 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:38 PM, Intel Fanboy said:

China really abused India during covid-

China abused the whole world during Covid-19. It's thanks to them Covid-19 even made contact with humans and we still can't say whether or not that was intentional.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:58 AM, LAwLz said:

Like I said before, I don't think it is up to any government to dictate which apps their citizens can and can't use. I think this is setting a very bad precidency and people are too caught up in "China bad" and "tiktok bad" to stop and think about the consequences of what is happening. 

Agreed. Government shouldn't tell private citizens which apps they can use on their phone. It's up to the user to decide which risks they are willing to take. 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:06 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

China abused the whole world during Covid-19. It's thanks to them Covid-19 even made contact with humans and we still can't say whether or not that was intentional.

Agreed. Government shouldn't tell private citizens which apps they can use on their phone. It's up to the user to decide which risks they are willing to take. 

While I agree that it's a slippery slope and a tricky topic to approach, do you support the idea of malicious governments and corporations directly taking advantage to millions of people, and is harvesting ungodly amounts of personal information and data for their own personal gain? Do you think the 12 year old kid understood the decision they made when they downloaded the app that their favorite celebrity preaches?

Nobody signs up for that, and everyone that says "people know the risks when they agreed to the TOS" are lying to themselves IMO

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I didn't even know Tik Tok was Chinese , glad I never used it.