Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GETxHIPFIREDx

Looking for new phone

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello all, been looking for a new phone for awhile. Currently have a Samsung S10e and have been looking at the Zflip, but it's a bit pricey for such fragile tech. Kept looking around and I figured out what I want, but no one makes it. Basically looking for something like a gdp win but with a sim slot, any suggestions.


CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GETxHIPFIREDx said:

Hello all, been looking for a new phone for awhile. Currently have a Samsung S10e and have been looking at the Zflip, but it's a bit pricey for such fragile tech. Kept looking around and I figured out what I want, but no one makes it. Basically looking for something like a gdp win but with a sim slot, any suggestions.

What do you want? 

Z Flip is pricey for a gimmick phone, same with the Fold


Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GETxHIPFIREDx said:

Kept looking around and I figured out what I want, but no one makes it. Basically looking for something like a gdp win but with a sim slot, any suggestions.

With Android, there is no such thing as "no one makes what I want"

 

You seem to be looking for a recent LG phone that supports their dual screen case...

 

gsmarena_003.jpg

 

gsmarena_029.jpg

 

th?id=OIP.7OX-m8BQMu44eYlXVvye_QHaE7%26p

 

Phones that support it are the G8X, V50, and Velvet

 

There is a unique dual screen case for the three phones I believe. The case is made by LG and can be bought separately.


Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

 

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

What do you want? 

Z Flip is pricey for a gimmick phone, same with the Fold

Mobile gaming with physical keyboard/buttons 


CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, huilun02 said:

With Android, there is no such thing as "no one makes what I want"

 

You seem to be looking for a recent LG phone that supports their dual screen case...

 

gsmarena_003.jpg

 

gsmarena_029.jpg

 

th?id=OIP.7OX-m8BQMu44eYlXVvye_QHaE7%26p

 

Phones that support it are the G8X, V50, and Velvet

 

There is a unique dual screen case for the three phones I believe. The case is made by LG and can be bought separately.

Didn't know of this, thanks for the info. I'll look into prices 


CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, GETxHIPFIREDx said:

Didn't know of this, thanks for the info. I'll look into prices 

From what I see, the phone seems a little big. I definitely would be down for this if the screen was smaller on the phone


CPU- Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM- Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU- Nvidia 2080ti Reference

Case- NCase v6.1 | Storage- x2 2tb WD m.2  | PSU- Corsair SF750 | Cooling- NZXT Kraken X52

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GETxHIPFIREDx said:

From what I see, the phone seems a little big. I definitely would be down for this if the screen was smaller on the phone

Well that's a first world problem

 

There isn't a smaller alternative to this I believe. The best you can do is to get the smallest of the three phones, as the case size corresponds to the phone.

 

Not that it cant be done, but the phone is going to be powering two screens, potentially running multiple apps concurrently. This means much higher battery drain. And it can be made only so small before the battery becomes too weaksauce for the product to have practical use.


Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

 

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×