Usb Losing Power And Black Screens

Koopa

Hello everyone, i had alot of trouble lately with my PC, when i got my PC i had the problem that the USBs on my pc didnt always work i installed fresh windows 7 and after a hour my mouse and keyboard didint work and the only way to get it work again is to turn off the PSU and hold the power button for 10sec and leave the pc for like 1 minute. I tried PS2 keyboard but it didnt work, the LEDs on the keyboard light up when i press a key but nothing happens in windows like its not recognized. Somehow the problem went away for 4-5 months and then i bought a new graphics card Sapphire 7850 and had trouble with it also. I got random black screens and the monitor says lost signal and i have to do the same thing like with the USB turn the PC completly off so the graphics card could work again. I removed the graphics card and put my old Geforce GT 440 and after few days the problem with the USB came again. Im really frustraded because i cant find whats the problem. is it possible that my PSU i causing all this since its a no name 550 watt psu (http://int.ms-start.com/MS-Industrialnbsp;power-supplynbsp;PRO-550-63.aspx). Or is my mainboard maybe somehow damaged?

System Specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Asus P5Q-E mainboard
Kingston 4gb DDR2 ram
Q9550 Core 2 Quad not overclocked
Sapphire 7850
MS Industrial 550 watt PSU

btw heat is not a problem i tested it, some more info i could tell about the PSU i test the 7850 with furmark without antialising it passed but then i tested it with 4x anti alasing my PC reseted (graphics card not overclocked) and then i tested prime95 and furmark togheter to stress test the PSU and after 5minutes my backpanel lost again power and i could not use my mouse and keyboard.So what you think guys can a cheap PSU cause that problems or is my mainboard faulty?

The powering off with the GPU is definitely due to power supply, but the USB issue I'm unsure of... Have you checked that all power chords into the motherboard are well attached?

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • Nvidia GTX 780 EVGA Classified edition
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

Steam ID: SILLY-eXyLe

yea i checked them all are good pushed in.

3w2h7yck.jpg

osl3usac.jpg

hi, 

he only solution ould be to replace the graphics card with another one and see that that goes. If that won't help try replacng the PSU and test again.

regards

Just a guess but have you tried to disable ULPS? Seems to help with a lot of black screen issues on these later 7000 series cards.

Download MSI Afterburner > Once Installed > Click Settings > Disable ULPS > It will then ask you to reboot.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Download the Latest Beta it should be 3.0.0 Beta 9

Report back after this please :)

Yes i tried that before black screens still happen, but the bigger problem now are the USBs i cant use the pc for more than 1 hour without getting the error message a USB device has malfunctioned and then i have to turn the PC completly off and remove the cable from PSU for few minutes after that the pc recognize my mouse and keyboard but after a while the same thing happens (i dont think its driver related bcuz i didnt touch any driver and didnt instal anything).

Is there any chance you can try another power supply? Also check your Power Settings, maybe your USB devices are being disabled automatically by windows.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

i disabled all power saving modes on all devices, atm i dont have another power supply to test :/

btw i tried again to instal chipset drivers i downloaded them from the Asus site and in the chipsite folders theres a usb installation folder but when i start the setup it says this windows version is not supported wnt_6.1_64_mce but i know i choosed the right one i tried it even in windows xp/vista compatibility mode but then nothing happens when i start the setup.