Modern warfare visual noise?

DewisLavid

Hi, I’m modern warfare i don’t know how to

explain this but unless I have every settings maxed out I get this weird movement of white objects moving across objects and flickering of thin objects like barbed wire or telephone cables. I think it is something to do with anti aliasing. The problem is when I have the game maxed out obviously i will lose FPS and the game sort of looks blurry even without any motion blur on. usually I don’t mind how the game looks but when your looking for people and then you see these white things moving in the corner of your eye you look at them and it turns out to be nothing, 

has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

Disable film grain, set the AA to SMAA T2x and enable a sharpening filter within your video drivers (in the case of Nvidia for example, you can enable it either in the Nvidia Control Panel or in-game through GeForce Experience).

Also make sure you're running the latest drivers.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Disable film grain, set the AA to SMAA T2x and enable a sharpening filter within your video drivers (in the case of Nvidia for example, you can enable it either in the Nvidia Control Panel or in-game through GeForce Experience).

All the drivers are up to date, Film grain is off but AA on SMAA T2X looks burry to me compared to without it.

how do I add a sharpening filter in Nvidia control panel?

5 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

All the drivers are up to date, Film grain is off but AA on SMAA T2X looks burry to me compared to without it.

how do I add a sharpening filter in Nvidia control panel?

Yeah it looks blurry as shit but in combination with sharpening it sort of works. 

Go to Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings, look up Modern Warfare's .exe, and then in the settings you should see "Image Sharpening", enable that.

Also make sure the render scale in-game is set to 100%.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Yeah it looks blurry as shit but in combination with sharpening it sort of works. 

Go to Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings, look up Modern Warfare's .exe, and then in the settings you should see "Image Sharpening", enable that.

Also make sure the render scale in-game is set to 100%.

Ok I will give this a try what should I put the image sharpening to? 1.00?

5 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

Ok I will give this a try what should I put the image sharpening to? 1.00?

I'd start with the default 50%, but you could try going higher. 100% is too high imo.

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I'd start with the default 50%, but you could try going higher. 100% is too high imo.

Had it set to .50 before just set it to 1.00 and it’s definitely a lot clearer, thanks

I used SMAA 2x and NVSharpening to 80% and it works well,.. I agree it's pretty blurry otherwise..
And I hate pixel crawl so I don't use below SMAA2x as it's coverage is effective enough even with Sharpening on top.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 10 months later...
On 6/28/2020 at 7:14 AM, Mateyyy said:

I also have the issue of random white clouds and seeing bullets through walls along with random glimmers etc. I’m on an AMD pc how would I try and solve this issue? 

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2020 at 1:14 PM, Mateyyy said:

i know its been 2 years but i have this problem in warzone 2 too... the game looks so bad with smaa t2x and smaa filmic t2x makes recordings look grainy, i cant find image sharpening in control panel, did they change the name of it?